- London Jobs
- Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Development Underwriter
Job Type: Permanent
To support the portfolio Underwriters to manage the portfolio and broker relationships. To review bound risks within individual authorisation levels across the portfolio and perform underwriting analysis in certain areas with specific requirements. To provide analytical analysis by producing statistics, reports and management information when necessary, including support for broker meetings and Peer
Review process. To provide communication and day to day guidance to the TPU where necessary to ensure accurate and timely risk entry and data.
To continuously challenge the efficiency the business processes and investigate means to enhance these processes working with the Portfolio Underwriters and Portfolio Management team.
Focused effort on broker engagement and distributions; supporting Portfolio Underwriters with all elements of distribution activities and working alongside Distribution Lead.
- Preparation – To assist in the preparation of and calculation of underwriting figures for input into the Business Plan.
- Maintenance – To assist the Underwriters in evaluating and underwriting risks in accordance with the approved Business Plan.
- Strategy – To understand and ensure that the strategy is fully supported within the Assistant Underwriter Role.
- Underwriting Audits – To carry out research on specific accounts as directed, including the review of Nominated Lead underwriting.
- Key Relationships – Maintain key broker relationships in conjunction with Portfolio Underwriters and Managing Director and Distribution Lead.
- Capacity – Establish and maintain knowledge of internal controls and all procedures relating to underwriting. Ensuring that business is being carried out within underwriting capacity.
- Evaluation and Control – evaluate insurance and re-insurance portfolios in accordance with the approved business plan, subject to individual authorisation levels, referring to the Portfolio Underwriter as appropriate
- Business Development – build and maintain relationships with brokers to ensure business is brought to in line with its business plan.
- Monitor and follow up on a daily basis all quotes obtained through the platform and work with Portfolio Underwriters and Distribution Lead in targeting particular brokers, teams or broking houses in the run up to business renewal periods
- Recording & Reporting – To be responsible for the appropriate recording or risk, premiums, claims and exposures so as to enable timely reporting of all relevant information to the board and regulatory bodies.
- Regulatory Issues – To help ensure that all risks are written within regulatory guidelines.
- Underwriting process development – To continuously challenge and enhance underwriting and data processes to ensure operates a lean, automated environment and technology developed is shared with the company wherever possible.
- Data development – To continuously seek out and deploy new sources of data to better inform the underwriting algorithms.
- Become a super-user of the Platform and undertake broker workshops and demos to improve active usership and active engagement of users of the platform
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, having obtained a good overall grade in a relevant subject
- Good overall educational passes
- ACII qualified, or progressing towards the professional qualification
- Experience of RMS model
- Sound knowledge of general, commercial insurance practices, ideally with knowledge on relevant class of business
- Commercially aware, with a knowledge of the insurance market and external changes which would impact on our business
- Sound knowledge of regulatory and legal compliance issues
- Excellent numeric, analytical and written skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to communicate to staff at all levels
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skill
- Advanced level IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working within a general, commercial Insurance environment
- Solid underwriting experience covering small to medium sized risks
- Experience of producing reports and management information
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 411 8430 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.