- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £80k - 90k per year
- Full Time
- Technology Jobs
Business Analyst – Retail / Omni-Channel
Location: Hertford, Hertfordshire
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Circa £90,000
A successful and growing software company providing enterprise retail systems to leading UK, North American and European retailers. Our client applications drive the instore, mobile and online channels that make up a modern retail organisation. Their rich application suite and standards-based software is backed up with an advanced development toolset that offers a genuinely new way of building applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of dedicated retail technology experts with one of the most advanced retail enterprise systems available.
The Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders, document and workflow analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process definition and use case production. They will act as the conduit between the customer community and the software/system development teams, ensuring that project deliverables are met according to the agreed and documented business requirement. They will support the customer community and the project teams in the deployment of new business processes.
- Be the key member BA for all projects
- Works closely with project/programme managers and project sponsors and key customer stakeholders to understand/determine project scope and vision
- Responsible for managing and communicating project scope across multi-disciplinary teams, acts as a single point of contact in this respect
- Drive and challenge Customers on their assumptions around how they will successfully execute their plans. Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Elicits and documents accurate requirements either internally or from clients at the outset of a project via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Definition of Acceptance Criteria and Acceptance Tests for all new requirements to provide clarity for both Development and Testing teams.
- Work together with the Application Consulting team to translate conceptual business requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for people with proven Business Analysis skills, but we also only recruit people who are open, collaborative and who echo our values. You will also have some or all of the following:
- Proven experience in a Business Analysis role and in business analysis methods/techniques
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience in running successful workshops
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Knowledge of a retail organisation’s core business processes and operations
- Experience working with EPOS, Inventory, CRM, Order Management, and E-commerce systems
- High level awareness of a variety of IT software development methods
- Experience of the Business Analyst role across all stages of the project lifecycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Have previous experience of working on multiple projects within a professional services organisation
- Able to travel to client sites in both the UK and internationally at short notice, and for extended periods of time
London: 0203 411 8430