- Essex Jobs
- Full Time
Role – Portfolio Manager
Contract – Permanent
Salary – Circa £40,000
Location – Essex
Our client currently seek an enthusiastic and driven individual to join their existing portfolio management team as a portfolio manager. The successful candidate will have joint responsibility for a portfolio of 800 blocks on a reactive basis. In addition, the role will offer progressive exposure to management oversight of our third party managing agents. This is a rare opportunity to take a challenging role on the client side of the block management sector.
- Acting on behalf of one of the UK’s largest freeholders.
- Working as part of a small team delivering the reactive management of a large and varied portfolio of residential blocks located across the UK.
- Dealing with queries both internally and from external sources on a day to day basis by phone, email and letter
- Joint ongoing performance monitoring of external managing agents; addressing issues and highlighting these to senior management.
- Reviewing leases, legislation and land registry documents for guidance on legal matters and repairs.
- Arranging repairs on a reactive basis and in compliance with CDM regulations; liaising with contractors, charge raising and invoicing
- Ensuring health and safety and legislative compliance of the managed portfolio. Co-ordinating health and safety reports and acting upon the findings contained within those reports.
- Co-ordinating major works projects, the serving of statutory notices, acting as principal designer on smaller scale works and liaising with surveyors on larger schemes.
- Providing guidance on incoming Right to Manage claims and working closely with our legal team to see these through to completion.
- On occasion undertake meetings with residents with a view to preventing RTM/ enfranchisement claims.
- Conducting site visits where necessary to meet with leaseholders, contractors or surveyors and to inspect works or repairs.
- Other daily duties involve dealing with incoming phone calls (as part of a team) and assisting in the general running and administration of the company
- Continued IRPM/ ARMA development will be offered by the company to ensure the employee has a strong understanding of the surrounding legislative and contractual influences when managing property.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years block management experience (acting as an assistant, property manager or senior) with strong knowledge of the legislative requirements.
- AIRPM qualified or higher
- Degree graduate desirable.
- Competitive salary offered. Salary £27-£40k depending on experience.
Contact:- 01992 445710