- Hampshire Jobs
- £23k - 26k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Marine Insurance Underwriting Assistant
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £23,000 – £26,000
Location – Hampshire
Support the activities of the Business Development and Underwriting team encompassing dealing with the public, business partners and introducers face to face and remotely.
Ensure a welcome atmosphere in keeping with the company’s culture and values and marina/boating environment.
You will be the main point of contact for our client’s Introducers and partners ensuring administrative compliance and marketing fulfilment.
- You will act as an Ambassador for our client, greeting and welcoming customers, clients and visitors, providing hospitality as required.
- Assist with the collection of data and question sets to aid Underwriting and introducer processes.
- Assist the Underwriting Team including;
- At all times ensure all Underwriting matters are dealt with in accordance with Underwriting procedures manual and adhering to telephone script.
- Input data for new business, mid-term adjustments, cancellations and renewals.
- Undertake end to end handling of straightforward policies and client queries within Underwriting Authority.
- Assist with various client correspondence, webchat, phone calls and card payments.
- Assist with colleagues’ workloads as and when required.
- Use of in-house software to perform duties to ensure accurate recording of information.
- Perform routine office and administrative duties.
- Correspondence and communication via telephone, email, online chat and documents.
- Assist with shows and events.
Knowledge & Skills
- A keen interest in Boats and Marine would be very advantageous
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to interpret Client’s requirements.
- Proven knowledge of systems and processes.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Ability to work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Appropriate level of Underwriting knowledge.
- Understanding of Policy wordings.
- Relevant professional qualification or study towards is preferred
For Extra Information Please Contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430