- London Jobs
- £65k - 70k per year
- Full Time
- Technology Jobs
Job Title – Machine Learning Engineer
Contract – Perm
Salary – £65,000 – £70,000
Location – London
Our client have long been known for their technical expertise and creating innovative solutions for new and developing areas of risk that our clients may face.
The AI team Lines supports this ethos by developing AI focused on providing levels of automation, insight and decision-making algorithms that were not previously possible before.
Their mission to create a safer world through the power of AI is achieved mainly through:
- The incubation of disruptive innovation via our diverse team of scientists, engineers, designers, strategists, and underwriters who work collaboratively.
- Collaboration with other AI, Actuarial and Data Science teams, including ML and NLP R&D contribution, and publications in top conferences and journals.
- The provision of machine learning advisory and consulting to the Groups insurance businesses.
Their solutions and innovations aim to continue to optimize the group’s commercial and credit underwriting, insurance offerings, and ultimately disrupt the industry.
About the Role:
As a critical role in Specialty AI’s success, we’re looking for machine learning engineers to join our clients team and contribute to the development of the algorithmic core of a series of exciting new projects and strategic initiatives.
Based in their London office, this is an exceptional opportunity for those who want to work along Machine Learning Scientists in the financial industry and be challenged and grow as a machine learning engineer. Along the way, this role will contribute to insurance products that use the groups network to deliver impact and change.
Responsibilities and Performance Objectives:
- Take ownership of a significant part of the team’s solution development
- Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications being created
- Partner with ML Researchers to push the boundaries on the performance of the latest methods applied to big problems across the insurance domain
- Contribute to peer review process to ensure code quality
Experienced candidates (i.e., with 3+ years of experience / leadership) are welcome to apply; we have and will offer positions appropriate to expertise and level of experience.
The minimum required skills include:
- Solid experience in building back-end infrastructure and experience with API design (Django, FastAPI)
- Professional experience with Python development and familiarity with machine learning problems and software packages (Tensorflow, PyTorch, MLflow, etc.)
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of ML evaluation metrics and best practice
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration (e.g., Gulp, Grunt, Jenkins, CodePipeline)
- Experience deploying and maintaining ML algorithms in production environments
- Familiarity with Linux systems
- Good communicator and team player
An ideal candidate (is not required to, but) will also have:
- Working knowledge of different database technologies (SQL, Postgres, Redis)
- Engineering for scale using cloud platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
- Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g., Terraform, Cloudformation etc)
- Experience with dashboarding tools
For Extra Information on the Company Please Contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430