- Devon Jobs
- £50k - 55k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Underwriting Team Manager – Life & Critical Illness
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £50,000 – £55,000
Location – Devon
Industry – Insurance, Underwriting, Life, Critical Illness,
Recognised as one of the UK’s Great Place to Work, our client, an award-winning healthcare and protection insurance specialist are looking for an Underwriting Team Manager.
Are you a confident Underwriter with experience of leadership and coaching, with knowledge of Life, Income Protection and Private Medical Insurance who likes to take the initiative, thrives on variety in their job, and embraces managing people to get the best from them? If yes, then our Underwriting Team Manager could be the role for you. You will personally be underwriting but also developing 10 established Underwriters to maximise their productivity.
This is permanent full-time role 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day between 9am to 5pm. The role is home based with 2 days in the office per week.
- Effective people management skills, which should include recruitment, training, supporting personal development, motivation, and performance monitoring.
- Accurate underwriting, including substandard cases and financial underwriting, and approval of all new business and increase applications in accordance with underwriting guidelines and rating considerations relating to the company’s products within an agree authority level
- Ensuring effective allocation of work, including reprioritisation of resources to meet internal service levels in timeliness and quality
- Resolving underwriting queries and escalations from internal and external customers, financial advisers, applicants, and Members to resolve issues
- Keeping up to date with current market practice and maintaining your continuous professional development and training
- Liaison with Medical Officers, Underwriting Manager, medical professionals, reinsurance companies, and other relevant professional bodies
- Correspondence with Networks, Financial Advisers and other intermediaries regarding underwriting and acceptance terms
- Dealing with technical underwriting queries for internal colleagues, such as Claims, New Business and Distribution teams
- Providing training and presentations around underwriting policy, processes both internally and externally.
Experience Skills and Qualifications:
You need to be:
- A clear and engaging communicator both spoken and written
- Organised with the ability to prioritise
- Able to work at a fast pace, with precision and care
Positive in persuasion and influencing skills:
- A strong and capable relationship builder
- Have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Flexible working – 2 days in the office minimum per week
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Company Bonus based on company and personal performance (non-contractual)
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Your Birthday day off
- Free Health Insurance, Life Cover and Income Protection
- Generous Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Perkbox subscription
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Payroll Giving
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk