- Birmingham Jobs
- £25k - 35k per year
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job title: Commercial Property Senior Case Manager
To carry out triage of new claims and complete effective policy liability and quantum assessment investigations resulting in speedy resolution of all Commercial Property claims in accordance with company Claims Settlement philosophy.
- Manage own portfolio of Commercial Property claims in order to contribute to performance targets for business unit.
- Carry out investigation of claims where appropriate to obtain quantum and liability information in order to make appropriate policy and legal liability decisions.
- Recommend the most appropriate use of injury management process in order to settle claims minimising potential for increased costs, when dealing with PA claims
- Handle Subsidence, CAR and GIT claims to resolution
- Recommend the most appropriate use of the claims management process in order to settle claims minimising potential for increased costs.
- Identify potential development & training needs for less experienced staff through referral discussions and review of files in order to contribute to individual training plans.
- Coaching and desk side referral support to case managers in order to build their knowledge and capability.
- Handle technical and service complaints to resolution
- Handle referrals of potentially fraudulent claims from case managers in order to ensure consistent application of fraud management principles and maximise fraud saving opportunities
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships delivering excellent customer care through demonstration of effective communication skills
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and brokers through direct interaction and case ownership
- Support the CRM team with broker relationships, visiting key customers as required
- Appoint, liaise and develop good relationships with suppliers to ensure speedy resolution of claims at minimum cost
- Participate in unit wide initiatives to improve performance in the department to achieve relevant KPIs
- Performance of KPIs
- Average settlement cost
- Cycle times & cases settled per day
- Quality audit results
- Respond Reports
- Customer care audit feedback
- Number of improvements identified.
- Changes made to processes.
- Referral forms
- Feedback from colleagues/Manager
- Linkage with other areas of the business
- Settlement authority to commit up to £100k
- Cheque signing authority up to £75k
- Impact on GWP of £388m
- Impact on departmental indemnity spend of £180m
- Handling a caseload of up to 300 cases
- Contribute to the recovery and fraud annual KPI targets, set on an annual basis
- A level
- Cert CII
- A background in Commercial Property claims with experience in GIT/PA/CAR/Subsidence advantageous
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of technical claims process, Policy and philosophy
- Highly developed quantum assessment and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage own portfolio of claims
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of underwriting practice and philosophy, policy wordings and relationship issues.
- Area account managers
- Claims relationship team
- Corporate claims
- Claims Units
- Loss adjusters
If you have the relevant experience please do not hesitate to contact us now on 0203 411 8430 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org