- West Yorkshire Jobs
- £30k - 35k per year
- Full Time
Job Title: Commercial Renewal Underwriter – Commercial Insurance
Package: £30,000 – £35,000 + bonus package
Industry: Commercial Insurance Underwriting
Job Type: Permanent
This niche insurance business is seeking to recruit 2 Underwriters for a newly created team in Central Leeds. The role works on a range of products across financial lines and liabilities and offers an opportunity for an Underwriting professional to further their career in a specialist environment.
- An international insurance business with a truly global brand and reputation respected as a specialist within the area on the markets in which they play.
- The business already a major employer within the UK market has an incredibly strong financial outlook making them a credible proposition and allowing them to offer very real career prospects
- This team has been created as a result of internal changes to broker segmentation and approach to the market. This project has created growth and further opportunity.
- Working on your allocated caseload of existing business your role will be to ensure retention and growth – you’ll work with broker partners to secure on-going profitable business servicing accounts in an efficient manner whilst making sound underwriting and commercial judgement.
- Through regular communication youll position yourself and your employer as an expert within the specialist fields you underwrite – these will include PI D&O and Management Liabilities amongst others as well as a new cyber product which will be live in the near future.
- Whilst this is a targeted role which requires you to exceed SLAs and KPISs in relation to the renewal process there is a good degree of autonomy and authority and you’ll be pushed to learn and develop professionally.
- As an insurance underwriter with experience of commercial cases (financial lines and liabilities will be of particular interest but not essential) you’ll be interested in a specialist role with a leading niche insurer.
- You’ll possess a keen eye for detail and an analytical approach coupled with strong communication skills and a result/outcome driven mentality.
- This role is within a newly created team and therefore suits ambitious characters who want to be part of a business on the up
- ACII and/or similar risk management qualification are preferred.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0121 272 3291 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.