- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Senior Commercial Broker
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £40,000
Location – Hertfordshire
About the Role:
To service the insurance needs of existing customers, providing quality customer care, ensuring that documents are obtained and despatched promptly, and all issues raised by the client are effectively dealt with. To support management and colleagues, throughout the company, in their endeavours to achieve and surpass targets and always provide a first-class service whilst adhering to all FCA principles and the specific requirements of Treating Customers Fairly, Contract Certainty and Conflict of Interest.
▪ Answering telephone calls promptly and effectively dealing with all enquiries in a professional and efficient manner.
▪ Preparation of renewal and new business presentations in line with timescales agreed with Client Directors.
▪ Processing of MTA’s within agreed timescales
▪ Resolution of customer and insurer queries
▪ Marketing of risks to insurers
▪ To develop insurer relationships to maximise business opportunities in line with the current broking strategy.
▪ To ensure client records are accurate, up to date, well maintained in accordance with Company processes and procedures.
▪ To effectively manage and maintain task management/diary system.
▪ Liaising with Accounts to ensure early reconciliation of payments and credit control.
▪ Processing of all necessary documentation for new, existing and renewal business
▪ Attendance at customer meetings as required
▪ Completion of agreed training plans..
▪ Contribute towards company objectives that deliver agreed departmental strategy and team goals.
Able to use own initiative.
▪ Ability to work as a team player.
▪ Practical working knowledge of current FCA regulations.
▪ Experience of adhering to and maintaining systems and procedures.
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult and influence at all levels.
▪ Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
▪ Ability to develop effective working relationships externally and internally.
▪ Personal effectiveness, including time management and priority setting.
▪ High personal drive and resilience.
▪ Ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence.
▪ Continuous application of personal/professional development.
▪ Good understanding of Acturis desirable and strong, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
– 3+ Years Commercial Experience.
– Experience of excellent relationship management with clients
– CII qualification desirable but not essential
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.