- London Jobs
- £80k - 90k per year
- Full Time
- Financial Services Jobs
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £90,000k circa
Location – London
Reporting to the Head of Underwriting Finance, you will manage the Underwriting Accounting Team, which is responsible for the production and analysis of GAAP and Solvency II Underwriting information. The team is also responsible for a large amount of the Management reporting that is used to support the development of the business. Your responsibility is to lead process improvement and generate reporting efficiencies. This role is integral to ensuring the complete, accurate and timely provision of actual, plan and forecast information, which is used by numerous stakeholders in the business.
- Responsible for the management of the Underwriting Accounting Team and the maintenance, development, control and operation of the Group’s underwriting models.
- To be responsible to produce and complete accurate and timely GAAP underwriting accounting results for actuals and forecast.
- The systemisation of the phased Group plan into the reporting system.
- Manage the production and presentation of Solvency II technical provisions and to enhance the team’s ability to meet growing Solvency II reporting requirements.
- Manage the production of Standard Formula and BSCR tables for external reporting.
- Partner with the Regulatory Reporting team through the provision of data to be used in multiple returns, namely QMA, QMB &QSR.
- Ownership of the Underwriting Accounting financial controls framework, ensuring necessary reconciliations are performed.
- Identify and lead the development, testing and implementation of process improvements relating to the production of financial information and to automate where possibilities.
- Management of the Underwriting Accounting team will involve giving ownership to individuals to encourage, motivate and promote development.
- Complete team performance reviews in a timely manner, providing direction for the team, setting clear objectives and priorities, providing feedback on performance and establishing clear development plans
- Develop and enhance the Underwriting Accounting team’s ability to meet the requirements of key stakeholders in the business.
- Maintain and produce clear documentation of processes for the Underwriting Accounting team.
- Provide support to the Head of Underwriting Finances required.
- Produce and oversee RI statements for reinsurance contracts.
- Provide support to our Auditors in their audit of Underwriting numbers.
- Support ad-hoc requests for information on the performance of the key operating entities.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects where necessary, including the ongoing IFRS assessment & implementation project.
- Business & London Insurance Market experience, specifically Lloyd’s, ideally with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Detailed knowledge of Insurance accounting. i.e., Premium recognition, Earnings methodologies, Claims breakdowns, Commission recognition and Reinsurance accounting
- Experience of identifying and implementing process and system development
- Educated to a good overall standard, with good overall pass grades in relevant subjects
- Experience of effective team management
- Excel functionality to an advanced user level (e.g. Power Pivot, Power Query, Cube Formulas)
- Data analysis tools and techniques
For extra information please contact: –
London: 0203 411 8430