- London Jobs
- £50k - 60k per year
- Full Time
- Financial Services Jobs
Job Title – Financial Accountant
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £62,000
Location – London
Purpose of the Job:
The role is responsible for various operational and financial accounting areas that fall under the
responsibility of Finance Operations, including the execution of the financial close process and the
preparation of relevant monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables.
The role acts as a key point of contact for certain group companies and is to ensure the maintenance
of sound accounting records for those companies.
This role will also deputise for other team members as required and requires an in-depth knowledge
of all financial accounting operations functions.
Financial and Management Accounting
- Legal entity financial accounting including maintaining ledgers, resolving queries and ensure all postings and data entries are correct.
- Manage the execution of the financial close process through various monthly/quarterly financial and management accounting processes, including but not limited to:
- Processing of periodic journals including all journals for certain group companies
- Ownership and production of the quarterly management accounts, balance sheet and income statements for certain group companies including commissions, recharges and management accounts.
- Providing support to the Ambridge Finance function, ensuring they meet deadlines and are fulfilling all month end and processing deadlines.
- Assisting in the month end close and revaluation process.
- Meeting all Month End/Year End deliverables according to set timelines
- Managing the intercompany process for designated group companies, ensuring clearance by month end deadlines.
- Managing the prepayment and accruals process.
- Delivering papers for Board and Committee meetings as required.
- Ensuring cross training on all major month end tasks.
- Ensuring completeness of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation of relevant accounting processes.
- Act as key point of contact for internal and external auditors in respect of relevant legal entities, as well as supporting the fulfilment of audit deliverables for the Group more widely.
- Performing ad hoc accounting and reporting tasks as required- supporting the Senior Manager- Finance Operations with any required tasks assigned.
- Providing account coding advise to other areas of Finance.
Ad hoc projects and process improvement
- Being the subject matter lead in various projects including Treasury Management System, AP process improvements and other ad hoc projects.
- Managing the incorporation of other companies, including working with other teams to ensure all systems are fully updated.
- Suggesting and implementing changes or improvements to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintain a log of Finance Operations process improvement opportunities and implementation.
- Supporting the extension of financial accounting / operations to new companies joining the group.
- Assisting with the submission and review of manual and BAC’s payments where required.
- Performing assigned Financial Controls as required including documentation and testing of controls and the maintenance of a strong internal control environment.
- Supporting the Senior Manager – Finance Operations and providing cover for other members of the Finance Operations team as required.
Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Required to make decisions regarding accounting entries and query management on a daily basis.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience within financial operations, including accounts payable and expense management, with a sound understanding of Finance systems (including treasury, expenses and general ledger systems).
- Experience within the commercial insurance sector (and the Lloyd’s market) is preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of financial accounting and associated processes
- Experience with multi-currency reporting
- Track record of process improvement and delivery
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Business partnering experience with strong communication and presentational skills
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn new systems.
- Strong team player with credibility to liaise with senior management
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to train others
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-
Tel: 0203 411 8430