- West Yorkshire Jobs
- £30k - 35k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Location – Leeds
The role is based within the renewals department dealing with a wide variety of commercial policies. Working alongside other departments within the business to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally and deliver an exceptional service to brokers.
The role of the underwriter is to work as part of the team providing an excellent underwriting service for brokers in the UK. You will work as a member of a team and be pro-active and willing to help brokers across all classes of business. You will be required to develop and maintain good relationships internally and externally. Monitor and analyse broker activity to identify success and areas for improvement and provide pro-active feedback to the team manager. You will have responsibility for renewals with a desire to be visible to brokers through telephone engagement.
Duties and accountabilities
- Demonstrate and promote a thorough knowledge of company guidelines and authority levels in order to achieve profitability and underwriting objectives
- Provide excellent service to brokers, prioritising renewals and mid-term adjustments and referrals whether emanating from broker e-trading platform or by email/phone to ensure deadlines are met.
- Underwrite renewals within the defined underwriting authority.
- Actively manage and provide an efficient service to brokers to maintain good relationships.
- Attend underwriting meetings as required throughout the year required to provide insight into developments, trends and feedback on market conditions
- Manage renewal cases working as appropriate with the broker to secure renewal and upsell/ cross-sell additional covers.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the Technical teams in Leeds and the wider business.
- Assisting the team and wider business with ad hoc projects.
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Have a demonstrable underwriting experience – ideally in social welfare/care risks, although commercial insurance would be considered.
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Track record in building and developing broker relationships.
- Demonstrable IT skills including MS Office and systems including the broker e-trading platform
- Proven ability to renew business whilst maintaining underwriting discipline
- Be studying for/or be willing to study for CII qualifications.
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-
Tel: 0203 4118430