- Worldwide Jobs
- £50k - 60k per year
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job Title – Property Loss Adjusting Field Manager- (Claims & Adjusting)
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £65,000
Location – South East
This role is to manage all operational matters relating to the South East Adjusting Team for an identified area.
This role will also be responsible for service provision, cost control and overall management of people resourcing and development within the identified area.
– Although subject to revision, the job holder will have approx 13 Direct Reports.
– The role will encompass General Property Operations for a designated area.
– The role will be home based, with regular UK travel, and occasional overnight stays – however more frequent travel and regular overnight stays may be required during times of surge.
– Knowledge of the General Property insurance market.
– Detailed understanding of Client requirements.
– Understanding of budgetary management
– Understanding of resourcing planning requirements in a dynamic environment.
– Knowledge of technical claims adjusting.
– Knowledge and understanding of role of Financial Conduct Authority.
– Insurance qualification preferred or commitment to achieve.
– Experience of team management within the financial services sector – will ideally have experience of managing remote workers.
– To provide overall guidance and support to employees to enable them to work to their maximum potential in meeting a variety of customer demands.
– To act as a product champion and technical referral point across the field team to coach, inspire and develop team to technical excellence.
– To identify and proactively address employee issues, such as performance and day to day needs to ensure high levels of service delivery resulting in excellent customer satisfaction.
– To actively spend the majority of their time ‘in the work’ with the Adjusters to effectively troubleshoot and take proactive action to ‘fix’ the system; remove blockages and waste.
– To keep technical skills and knowledge up to date and in busy times undertake a small caseload to remain akin to live issues and review workflows.
– To work collaboratively with Claims Centres, Supply Chain, and internal teams to identify opportunities for improving the End to End claims process.
– To identify and monitor employee development needs and to ensure the delivery of appropriate learning method to build business, interpersonal and technical competence.
– To set the team plan, identify purpose and meaningful measures to assess individual and team contribution – use resources and reporting tools available.
– To develop, manage and maintain relations with internal and external parties to ensure customer demands are met fully and engage with brokers and clients to attract new business opportunities.
– To promote the Company ethics and values, focus on what matters to the customer and promote clients insurance brands
– Understands that better decisions come from empowering employees to have freedom in the design of work.
– Demonstrates a facilitative management style to actively involve the team in designing work against customer demand.
– Demonstrates a desire to continuously improve self and others by sharing, listening and exchanging information and knowledge at all levels.
– Builds and maintains positive working relationships within own team and with colleagues across the business.
– Demonstrates an action orientated approach to understand and fix problems within the work.
– Is open and adaptive to continual change and facilitates change within the team
– Credible team leadership skills to motivate team members, address people issues and create a high performing team culture.
– Sound technical skills and problem solving ability to recognise difficulties and take proactive measures to overcome problems.
– Well developed and effective written and verbal communication skills, to articulate complex issues.
– Strong organisation / time management skills to deliver on a variety of actions within budget and to tight timescales.
– Good dispute resolution handling skills to manage disputes effectively/proactively.
– Strong financial literacy skills to analyse and interpret numerical data.
– Strong computer literacy skills to make effective use of a variety of ICT platforms and applications.
For extra information please contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430