- East Sussex Jobs
- £50k - 60k per year
- Full Time
- Financial Services Jobs
Job Title -Financial Controller
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £50,000 to £60,000
Location – East Sussex
Stunning and luxury hotel in East Sussex, have a rare opportunity for a Financial Controller to support the Group Finance Director on a permanent basis.
This is a Senior role to provide a strong support to the Group Finance Director with a dotted line to the Hotel General Manager, whilst managing the finance function and a small team of accounting professionals.
- Managing the accounts team and work closely with the Group Finance Team.
- Preparing management accounts for the Hotel and assisting with this throughout the Group as and when required and in the absence of the Group Finance Director.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly management accounts, P&L and detailed balance sheet reconciliations are accurately presented to the General Manager with explanations for financial variances from budget, prior year(s) and forecast.
- Completing the daily bank reconciliations and assisting with reviewing these across the Group.
- Compiling weekly cash flow and submitting to Group Finance Director.
- In the absence of Group Finance Director, preparing weekly cash flow for the Group and present to Managing Director.
- Supplying necessary VAT figures quarterly.
- Supporting the GM and GFD in ensuring that the Hotel and Group operates profitably, within budget, and in-line with forecast by controlling stock, payroll, consumables, and services across all areas of the business.
- Managing the Hotels’ fixed asset register to reconcile with balance sheet.
- Ensuring all relevant insurance records are held for Hotel equipment including company vehicles. .
- Overseeing and ensuring that effective management and control of daily revenue and billing is achieved throughout the Hotel and assisting with this throughout the Group.
- Ensuring all purchase orders are raised for supplies and creditors are reconciled to accounting system (Pegasus) on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring all payments for the Hotel are correctly paid, authorised and entered into the company’s books accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that month-end is closed for all ledgers at the Hotel once consolidation has been finalised at Group level.
Coming from the hospitality industry, you will have key experience of overseeing the group finance function as Financial Controller. You will be a key member of the Senior Finance Team and experience of supervising a finance team, so having successful experience in a similar role, with drive and ambition is essential.
For extra information please contact: –
London: 0203 411 8430