- Kent Jobs
- £45k - 55k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Engineering Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP45,000 – GBP55,000
Location – Nationwide
Industry – Insurance Company (Insurance, Engineering, Underwriting)
Achieve and maintain a profitable, well balanced and growing portfolio with assigned brokers and customers to assist in meeting long-term trading objectives of the Company. Understand, execute and support delivery of the agreed Sales & Development and Underwriting strategies, across all Lines of Business, to produce budgeted, profitable results.
· Negotiate terms and conditions consistent with Sales & Development and underwriting strategies, in respect of: Strategic renewals & new business.
· Act as a referral point and coach on appropriate underwriting and/or Sales & Development matters.
· A personal plan for assigned brokers in conjunction with the Sales & Development strategy to identify and capture new business opportunities and, to effectively cross sell all products, utilising CRM to build long term strategies to target and win new business.
· Consistently achieve superior financial results (retention, pricing, new business, profitability) through execution of Sales & Development strategy, in conjunction with the agreed Underwriting strategy.
· Oversee and/or deliver product training and promotional sales presentations for brokers and clients, where appropriate.
· Market insight, including product developments and enhancements, also proactively engaging with the Product Delivery Team
· Actively look to suggest, organise and attend (as required) appropriate broker engagement events. Actively look to attend as many appropriate broker and industry organised events as possible.
· Help drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers/policyholders.
· Understand all appropriate lines of escalation and the responsibilities of the Product Conduct Risk Strategy Group (PCRSG), Underwriting & Claims Sub Committee (UCSC) , ExCo and Board for Conduct Risk.
· Thorough level of underwriting knowledge in respect of at least one of the companys existing lines of business.
· 3+ years of engineering experience in the Insurance industry.
· Strong understanding of technical underwriting, philosophy and trading strategies.
· Ability to interpret and effectively use management information.
· Strong knowledge of the insurance market, as appropriate.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.