- Surrey Jobs
- £28k - 33k per year
- Full Time
- Finance & Accountancy
Job Title – Finance Administrator (Insurance)
Location – Surrey
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – GBP28,000 – GBP33,000
· Our client a major Insurance Brokerage are currently recruiting a Finance Administrator to join their team in Surrey.
· Our client are looking for someone that demonstrates a clear technical knowledge in order to ensure efficient and compliant handling of client monies
· Maintain the level of accuracy and care required to complete the duties assigned at the appropriate standard
· To ensure that receipts for monies are promptly banked and accurately recorded, processed and allocated
· To ensure that insurer accounts are regularly reconciled and paid within the terms of credit and to ensure that any commission due to the company is collected within terms
· To ensure that any queries or differences arising from the insurer accounts reconciliations are effectively followed up, monitored and appropriately resolved
· To assist if requested to ensure the client bank account(s) are maintained on a daily basis and a monthly reconciliation is completed
· To help maintain effective credit control in respective of client premiums, fees and other amounts due to the company
· To produce and maintain such reports as requested to monitor the efficient process and control of the Insurance ledgers
· To notify the client money officer of any FCA client money breaches incurred within the functions of the finance department
· To notify your manager of any significant issues on the ledgers or potential exposures within the functions of the finance department
· Minimum of 2 years experience of Insurance Broking Accounts
· Acturis System – required
· Lloyds market – preferred
· Online Banking
· Understanding of accounting principles and procedures generally and in respect of insurance transactions.
· Have an understanding of the Insurance Market and insurance products.
· Have the ability to reconcile accounts effectively, follow up and resolve any queries
· Have the ability to effectively maintain client ledgers and an understanding of credit control.
· Have the ability to operate IT and the businesss main software applications as required i.e. Acturis, GPM, online banking and Microsoft packages, including the use of excel spreadsheets at an appropriate level.
· To ensure introducer accounts are regularly reviewed, reconciled and settled within terms
· To help administer and monitor premium finance with Finance providers
· To develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, insurers and other suppliers
· To undertake any additional duties which have been specifically assigned to you and/or may be reasonably requested by your Manager or the Directors
· To comply with regulatory requirements, industry codes of practice and the Companys own procedures and rules.
· To comply with FCA CASS 5, as updated, client money rules at all times.
· To ensure that any clients with whom you deal with are treated fairly at all times
· To be aware of and manage any potential conflict of interest
· To be aware of and report any potential instances of money laundering and financial crime
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445710 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk <http://www.lawesgroup.co.uk>.
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.