- Manchester Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Financial Services Jobs
Job Title – Project Manager – (12 Month Contract)
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP35,000 – GBP40,000
Location – Greater Manchester
My client are looking to recruit a Project Manager to join their extremely busy team. This role will suit someone with great people skills, who can influence, persuade, motivate and challenge people.
This new role will be responsible for the development, enhancement and continuous improvement of our project management framework and processes.
You will be responsible for delivery of projects, ensuring compliance with the programme’s governance arrangements, covering both UK and European project streams.
You will take lead on project communication with both internal and external stakeholders and present updates to the project team steering committees and European board.
You must have a naturally inquisitive mind with the ability to identify actual and potential issues. You will be able to operate autonomously, demonstrating confidence, diligence and exceptional organisational skills.
Time management and planning is essential, as you will be required to work towards short deadlines and under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities:
· To lead on and ensure projects are delivered in compliance with the programme’s governance arrangements, covering both UK and European project streams
· To work cross-functionally with both UK and European teams to ensure project milestones are met and all objectives delivered against.
· To lead on project communication with both internal and external stakeholders
· Present updates to the project team steering committees and European board as required
· Ensure relevant company procedures and policies are created and properly maintained and followed as part of the project development / execution
· Establish effective relationships and provide trusted, pragmatic and pro-active support to all relevant areas of the UK and European teams
· Review and identify opportunities to streamline processes
· To regularly brief the Infrastructure Director on all aspects of the project management, implementation and communications strategy
· To lead on management of company internal controls audits, liaising with all relevant departments to ensure they complete their annual audit work on time
· Support the business in achieving its strategic objectives while demonstrating business values and promoting a culture of accountability
· PRINCE2 practitioner qualified, with demonstratable experience of managing high profile and complex projects.
· Highly organised effective change agent with strong influencing skills and a high level of resilience.
· A Pragmatic thinker with a high level of commercial acumen with the ability to analyse and implement countermeasures to complex problems.
· Strong inter-personal skills and adaptability to work cross-functionally within the UK business and across European offices, taking into account cultural differences.
· Extensive understanding of I.T. systems and processes.
· Highly results driven with demonstratable track record of success.
· Project management experience in the financial services sector would be advantageous.
· Degree level educated.
· ITILv3 qualification
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 727 2313 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Apply For This Job
Finance Systems AnalystView job & Apply