- London Jobs
- £40k - 48k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Assistant Property Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP40,000 – GBP48,000
Location – London
To support the Underwriters and to underwrite small to medium sized premium risks within individual authorisation levels within the class of business. To provide analytical analysis of the class producing statistics, reports and management information when necessary.
Duties and responsibilities:
· To assist in the preparation of and calculation of underwriting figures for input into the Business Plan.
· To assist the Underwriters in evaluating and underwriting risks in accordance with the approved Business Plan.
· To understand and ensure that the strategy is fully supported within the Assistant Underwriter Role.
· To carry out research on specific accounts as directed.
· Maintain key relationships in conjunction with Underwriters and Senior Underwriter.
· Develop and maintain relationships within key broking houses & actively pursue new business opportunities in line with Business Plan metrics and strategy
· Establish and maintain knowledge of internal controls and all procedures relating to underwriting. Ensuring that business is being carried out within underwriting capacity.
· Underwrite insurance and re-insurance risks in accordance with the approved business plan, subject to individual authorisation levels, referring to the underwriter as appropriate
· To be responsible for the appropriate recording or risk, premiums, claims and exposures so as to enable timely reporting of all relevant information to the board and regulatory bodies.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent, having obtained a good overall grade in a relevant subject
· Good overall educational passes
· ACII qualified, or progressing towards the professional qualification
· Sound knowledge of general, commercial insurance practices, ideally with knowledge on relevant class of business
· Commercially aware, with a knowledge of the insurance market and external changes which would impact on our business
· Sound knowledge of regulatory and legal compliance issues
· Excellent numeric, analytical and written skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Effective organisational skills
· Advanced level IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 411 8430 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.