- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Senior Commercial Account Handler – Insurance Broker
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP35,000 – GBP40,000
Location – Hertfordshire
Industry – Insurance Broker (Commercial Insurance)
To work within the commercial sales department to provide broking and technical support. To produce documents in line with service standards in order to provide a timely, compliant and efficient service to customers. To support the Firms goals by demonstrating excellent communication skills and expertise in providing advice and guidance to customers in relevant aspects of risk management and insurance portfolio.
Key customers: ALL commercial customers
Knowledge and Experience:
– Part to fully qualified ACII or working towards
– Good keyboard skills including Microsoft Office, e-mail and internet
– A good understanding of the insurance markets, products and risk management
– Minimum 3 years experience in general insurance.
– Negotiate terms on behalf of customers with underwriters. Compile risk submissions to present to underwriters. Handle insurance portfolios of companies paying insurance premiums up to GBP500,000.
– Issue insurance registers, summarising the scope of insurance cover. Identify, seek to mitigate and respond appropriately, to any conflicts of interest which may arise. In conjunction with the Account Executive, present reports to existing and potential customers, issue risk presentations and provide advice to customers on how to deal with risks.
– Comply at all times with the requirements of the Firms own procedures, the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and FCA regulations.
– To be aware of, and to follow at all times, the Firms policy on Treating Customers Fairly. To be aware of, and to follow at all times, the Firms standards of ethical behaviour. To maintain professional competence by complying at all times with the Training and Competence procedures of the organisation.
– To support the departmental Key Performance Indicators and service level agreements as directed by the Operations Director. To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed.
– To act in an honest and open manner at all times with both the customer and the Firm in all matters.
– Have a customer focused approach.
– Ensure that business transactions are conducted in a way that is clear and straightforward.
– Act with integrity by demonstrating fairness and impartiality.
– Actively seek feedback from customers and report such feedback to management.
– This is mainly an office based role focused on the internal servicing of existing and new commercial client accounts.
– The Account Handler is responsible for an alphabetical allocation of the commercial customer accounts and responsible for re-broking all required renewals.
– The role involves regular meetings with the Broking Manager and Directors to discuss forthcoming renewals, allocation and strategy.
Required Skills and Competencies:
– Excellent written and communication skills; particularly report writing.
– Ability to make professional presentations for existing and potential customers.
– Appropriate negotiation skills.
– Ability to identify and match the products available with customer requirements.
– Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual customers level of understanding.
– A responsible attitude towards the handling of information, including the ability to collect, analyse and summarise information. Ability to persuade and influence others.
– Ability to handle situations and problems with innovation and creativity.
Key Performance Indicators:
– Meet agreed retention targets
– Meet agreed new business/upsell targets and evidence the Firms TCF standards
– Meet CPD requirements
– Meet Firms prescribed standards for documentation, deadlines & services standards.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact Jon Hunt now on 0203 727 2317 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk