- West Yorkshire Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Senior Underwriter – Care Home
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP40,000
Location – Leeds
The role of the Senior Underwriter is to work as part of our clients Care Home team providing an excellent underwriting service for brokers in the UK. You will work as a member of a small team and be pro-active and willing to help brokers across all classes of business
You will be required to develop and maintain good relationships internally and externally. Monitor and analyse broker activity to identify success and areas for improvement and provide pro-active feedback to the team manager. You will have responsibility for renewals with a desire to be visible to our brokers through telephone engagement and face to face meetings. You will also act as the technical referral point within the team to support achievement of key performance indicators whilst also developing the technical expertise of other members of the team.
· Demonstrate and promote a thorough knowledge of company guidelines and authority levels in order to achieve profitability and underwriting objectives
· Provide excellent service to brokers, prioritising renewals and mid-term adjustments and referrals whether emanating from our broker e-trading platform or by email/phone to ensure deadlines are met.
· Underwrite renewals within the defined underwriting authority.
· Actively manage and provide an efficient service to brokers to maintain good relationships.
· Attend underwriting meetings as required throughout the year required to provide insight into developments, trends and feedback on market conditions
· Work with team to identify and secure renewals and support cross-sales and up-sales where the opportunity arises.
· Promote a coaching and mentoring culture which provides both challenge and support to each team member in the pursuit of a consistent and high quality underwriting service and approach.
· Develop team members technical knowledge through day to day underwriting referrals and exposure to underwriting risks.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the Technical team.
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
· Have a demonstrable underwriting experience – ideally in social welfare/care risks, although commercial insurance would be considered.
· Have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to develop and coach less experienced underwriters to support their technical development.
· Track record in building and developing broker relationships.
· Experience of e-trading platforms
· Demonstrable IT skills including MS Office and our systems including the broker e-trading platform
· Proven ability to renew business whilst maintaining underwriting discipline
· Be studying for/or be willing to study for CII qualifications.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 727 2317 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.