- Warwickshire Jobs
- £30k - 45k per year
- Full Time
Job Title: Placement Consultant – Insurance
Package: Up to GBP45,000
Job Type: Permanent
– Due to substantial growth we are looking for a Placement Consultant. The role will be centred around renewal of existing policies and involves the oversight and tactical placement of business to ensure retention and high-quality outcome for the benefit of the companys customers.
– You will manage the placement of commercial and mid-corporate renewals ranging from financial lines, casualty, marine and property risks, supporting our office network of Agents throughout the process. Youll liaise with insurance partners to obtain and negotiate appropriate terms and ensure theyre provided in line with our agreed criteria.
– Another part of your role will be to attend meetings with our office network to discuss upcoming renewals and cross-selling opportunities. As a subject matter expert, you may support our Agents in the field, accompanying them on client visits to provide information on the best placement of their insurances.
If you have experience and knowledge of the commercial insurance market, having operated in either a broker or insurer, and looking for a new and different challenge, this role could be for you.
– Establish and advise on client requirements for renewals including accompanied visits in the field where appropriate.
– Initiate and authorise renewal quotes to deliver the best product and terms to meet clients need.
– Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of objectives.
– Advise and guide Agents, company functions, committees and project groups to share technical and market knowledge.
– Train, coach, mentor and guide the Team, Learning and Development Team, and Field Sales on placement of products to build technical expertise in a wide range of commercial insurance products.
– Identify opportunities for product and pricing enhancements and negotiate and deliver agreed improvements designed to ensure the team delivers the best products and maintains competitive advantage.
– Deliver short term/ one off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
– Ideally Dip CII qualified you will have trading experience either within an insurer or large broker in a market facing trading role.
– Strong knowledge of the general commercial insurance market combined with technical expertise in commercial lines is key.
– In terms of skills you will possess excellent negotiation and influencing combined with the ability to lead driving performance through others.
– Five GCSEs or equivalent.
– A relevant professional qualification e.g. Dip CII desirable.
– Knowledge within Financial Lines, High Risk Liability, Complex Property and with London Market Placements desirable.
Our client will be keen to hear more about your experience in delivering results in a targeted insurance regulatory environment, your technical knowledge of commercial general insurance products and your understanding of trading in the marketplace.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.