- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £30k - 45k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Commercial Account Executive
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP30,000 – GBP45,000
Location – Hertfordshire
Industry – Insurance Broker (Insurance, Commercial, Brokerage, Account Executive)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Commercial Account Executive to join a well-established insurance brokerage in the Hertfordshire area. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years commercial experience and be able to work effectively, as part of a team. You will run your own book of business with an aim to develop the book. This role would suit someone looking for a fresh challenge.
To offer a comprehensive insurance service to existing and potential new customers. This will involve providing quotations on all types of Commercial Insurance via the telephone, face to face or in writing, placing cover when instructed, inviting and confirming renewals, dealing with mid-term adjustments and providing assistance with claims issues when appropriate. Provide technical insurance, and risk management advice and guidance to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
· Manage own client bank and areas of responsibility, so that a positive contribution is made to achieving Company sales forecast, plans, programmes and budgets
· Provide new business quotations for all classes of General Insurance on request, providing relevant advice, information and guidance.
· Develop good communications with all other areas of the business and with customers
· In conjunction with the Managing Director, complete detailed reviews of the insurance requirements of existing and potential new customers, and prepare detailed reports and registers in this respect
· Negotiate with Underwriters in placing, amending or renewing clients insurance programmes
· Ensure all documentation associated with placing, amending or renewing clients insurance programmes is completed in a reasonable timescale and is accurate.
· Assist customers in initial reporting and subsequent negotiation with insurers of a satisfactory settlement of claims, as required
· Contribute towards the development of a high Company image of professionalism, competence and customer satisfaction
· Assist, when required, with the Accounts function of the business in carrying out credit control with relevant customers
· The job requires a thorough knowledge of:
– The principles, practices and legalities of all major classes of General Insurance
– The UK General Insurance market in respect of Commercial insurances
– Underwriting and rating factors, and how these are applied in relation to all major classes of Commercial insurance
– Industrial processes, construction methods and factors, security measures, Health & Safety legislation and Risk Management techniques
– FCA Regulations for dealing with Commercial customers
– Report writing and insurance register preparation techniques
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 727 2314 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful