- Surrey Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Full Time
Job Title: Operations Manager – General Insurance
Job Type: Permanent
This reputable general commercial broker is seeking to recruit an experienced Manager to join the business and take overall responsibility for the operational side of the business.
Key tasks of role:
– Manage a team of Sales, Customer Service and Accounts staff, taking specific responsibility for the teams training, development and performance.
– Identify team training requirements and research, prepare and run training courses where appropriate
– Act as a technical referral point within the business, being named on all insurer binders and providing advice and guidance where necessary
– Take responsibility for work logging and allocation, ensuring work is allocated according to the skills and capabilities of the individual
– Take responsibility for the service delivery of the team, ensuring queries are actioned in customer deadline or 72 hours
– Ensure your team maximises sales and renewal retention. Take responsibility for liaising with the team regularly, ensuring their needs are fully met to enhance team performance.
– Manage conflicting deadlines and customer demands to ensure your team meets agreed service standards
– Play an active role in the recruitment and selection of new staff, ensuring the process complies with the appropriate employment legislation
– Act as a team focal point for all customer complaints and ensure these are resolved in a way that treats the customer fairly at all times.
– Develop and maintain relationships with key customers, ensuring they are receiving good quality customer service and any business opportunities are maximised.
– Develop and maintain relationships with key insurers, ensuring that business opportunities are maximised.
– Take overall responsibility for the quality and accuracy of all work produced by the team through the implementation and utilisation of appropriate workflow systems, controls and audits
– Produce, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the department, ensuring all staff comply with the relevant procedures and processes
– Take responsibility for customer satisfaction across the business including designing and implementing a customer satisfaction survey to identify and resolve any trends or feedback
– Deal with any HR issues in accordance with current employment legislation, taking legal advice where required
– Assist Directors with ongoing Compliance and Regulatory Procedures including maintenance of call scripts and procedure guides
– Take responsibility for the maintenance of the Disaster Recovery Plan for the business, liaising with Directors and updating where necessary
– Assist the Directors with ad hoc project work where required to assist in the development of new schemes.
– Play a key role in the growth of the business, managing change effectively and ensuring any changes are successfully embedded within the teams
– Work closely with Directors to identify new business opportunities and scheme growth areas
– Assist Directors in the Acquisition Strategy for the business including taking responsibility for integrating any acquired businesses
– Ensure you conduct yourself in accordance with the Rules, codes of Conduct and Guidelines as issued by the firm and FCA
Knowledge & Skills:
– Telephone Preference Service
– Approaching Customers
– Data Protection Laws
– Rapport Building (staff & customers)
– Marketing 03
– Objection Handling
– Relevant Products
– Communication: oral, written & verbal
– FCA Rulebook and Customer Codes
– Internal procedures
– Firm-specific and C & T Procedures
– Questions to ask
– Sound Judgement
– Binding Authorities
– Planning & Learning
– Computer & Keyboard
– Supervisory Skills
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact Gary Broz on 0203 727 2320 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.