- West Yorkshire Jobs
- £40k - 50k per year + Package
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Technical Underwriter – P&C Insurance
Package: GBP40,000 – GBP50,000 + package
Industry: Insurance Job Type: Permanent
We are working with a major Global Insurer looking to recruit a Senior P&C Underwriter in Leeds, responsible for account level underwriting decisions whist contributing to excellence across the branch as technical referral point. This role will be perfect for technically minded P&C underwriter looking to make the next step in their career.
· This major UK insurer is an instantly recognisable name in the industry, known as a market leader with an impeccable reputation for professionalism and service.
· The Leeds branch houses an established commercial team, producing strong results and targeting further growth.
· The business has a strong focus on personal development, rewarding ambitious individuals with serious career opportunities.
· You will join an expanding P&C underwriting function in a senior capacity, contributing to excellence by coaching, training and developing your peers, as well as acting as sign off/referral point and trading with selected brokers at account/portfolio level.
· You will work closely with the branch management on all aspects of underwriting results, including account reviews as well as assessment of underwriting standards and licensing within the team.
· The role is key to ongoing regional growth and profitability.
· You will be a strong property underwriting expert, with strong knowledge across multiple lines of business and a savvy, commercial awareness.
· You will have strong interpersonal skills, required for developing your peers and the regular interaction with brokers this roles brings.
· Overall, you will be an ambitious professional, comfortable in a results driven environment and ready to develop your career with a true market leader.
· ACII qualification or work towards is advantageous but not essential.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0161 660 1359 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.