- Devon Jobs
- £20k - 25k per year
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job Title – Claims Handler
Contract – Permanent
Location – Devon
Salary – GBP20,000 – GBP25,000
Industry – (Insurance Broker, Claims, Claim, Broking)
A well-established independent insurance brokerage are currently recruiting for a Claims Handler. A great opportunity to further your insurance career and gain insurance qualifications.
· To deliver an efficient and effective Claims Service
· To negotiate, settle and/or repudiate claims, promptly and equitably within delegated limits of authority
· To refer all claims above delegated limits of authority to Underwriters with personal assessments and recommendations
· To act in accordance with the guidance given/delegated authority
· To provide technical advice and deal with referrals
· Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge relevant to the job
· Control workflow and be able to prioritise
· Build professional relationships with Underwriters, Insurers and Loss Adjusters
· To maintain clients and the Companys confidentiality at all times
· To fully understand company Policies and Procedures and ensure they are adhered to
· To comply with the Company Policy on Information Security and Acceptable Use
· To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed.
· To comply with FCA Regulations
· To comply with the FCAs Treating Customers Fairly principle including
· Acting in an honest and open manner at all times with both clients and the Company
· Acting with integrity by demonstrating fairness and impartiality
· Demonstrating a client focussed approach
· To ensure that business transactions are conducted in a way that is clear and straightforward
· To enhance your role by undertaking appropriate training and personal development courses, as required.
· Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to gather and analyse information for the client and resolve problems
· Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual clients level of understanding
· Ability to identify and match products with client requirements
· Ability to persuade and influence others.
37.5 hours a week (Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.30)
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, which increases to 30 days A/L after 5 years service.
3 month probation period.
After which they will be invited to join our generous pension scheme and healthcare scheme and cash plan.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 0203 727 2314 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.