- Manchester Jobs
- £0 - 55k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Senior Property Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – GBP55,000
Location – Manchester
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Property Underwriter in their Manchester office.
Comply with the requirements of the companys policies and procedures. Carrying out any duties assigned in a responsible, positive and helpful manner, thereby demonstrating a courteous attitude to all work colleagues and customers. Carry out any other reasonable duties as and when requested by senior management.
– Help deliver regional business plan for Property/Package
– Professional Underwriting, Administration and servicing for allocated business including new business enquiries, renewals and mid-term adjustments to achieve individual agreed targets
– Working with the business development team to ensure effective execution of the distribution strategy for Property/Package for the region
– Help manage the relationship between Property Package and its producing brokers in the region
– Providing technical advice on all Property/Package underwriting matters and act as an underwriting referral point where required
– Collaborate and communicate effectively Head of Operations and Underwriting Operations Manager to enhance the operational process, procedures, systems and principles to deliver and implement underwriting efficiencies for the business
– Auditing of work, including verification of compliance with appropriate company procedures including team and departmental peer reviews
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
– Degree or ACII qualified
– 7 years plus underwriting experience in Property/Package business
– Relevant level of technical knowledge and understanding appropriate to seniority of position namely:
– Key insurance products including current market conditions; FCA rules relating to commercial customers;
– General Insurance and underlying legal principles;
– Company specific procedures applicable to class(es) of insurance heading above.
– Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of Underwriting practices through formal and informal learning, both internally and externally.
– Ability to prioritise own, and other workloads to ensure that personal and corporate deadlines are achieved.
– Ability to create, apply or improve business working practices for divisional staff members as and when required
– Ability and willingness to develop and sustain relationships both internally and with external clients
– Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, that meet identified business needs.
– Knowledge of all MS Windows applications.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.