- London Jobs
- £80k - 83k per year + Point
- Full Time
- Technology Jobs
Job Title: Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: GBP80,000 – GBP83,000
Purpose of Job:
The Management Information (MI) and Reporting Team is responsible for the design and delivery of MI and reporting that provide value and insight across the group. The team is responsible for providing reliable and fully controlled financial, regulatory and reporting into several areas, including Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Actuarial, Risk and Operations, meeting the quality standards required and enabling the business to make effective decisions and to meet its ongoing regulatory requirements.
The role will report to the MI & Reporting manager. As a senior business intelligence engineer you will be required to work alongside the business analysts in the team to translate business requirements into robust architectural data driven solutions that support the reporting requirements of our client. The role will require you to design, build, deliver and maintain these software products ensuring that an optimal technology stack is developed within the team. In addition, you will be required to provide technical expertise to the wider team, ensuring best practice and technical standards are consistently adhered to.
– Design and delivery of robust and scalable technical solutions that support both the clients strategic and tactical reporting objectives
– Build new and support existing Tabular data models, ensuring they are fit for purpose and have optimal performance
– Build Power BI models and dashboards
– Build Microsoft Power Apps
– Build Azure Data Factory workflows that ingest and transform data into structures suitable for reporting
– Create SQL Server schemas, tables, views, data imports and scripts
– Code SQL queries to return data for reporting / reconciliation purposes
– Communicate with technical experts to get services established and to assist with troubleshooting
– Ensure all technical solutions are documented in line with departmental standards
– Reconcile key data and reporting outputs within the core systems
– Provide industry insights, keeping abreast of technological changes or trends to ensure our client are delivering within best practice guidelines
– Provide technical recommendations for continuous improvements
– Develop and deliver technical training both within the MI & Reporting team and other power users within the business
– Work with IT to design and maintain a technical centre of excellence for technical standards, best practice, development and deployment processes
Decision Making Responsibilities:
– Reports to the MI & Reporting Manager
– Prioritisation of own deliverables, in conjunction with MI & Reporting Manager and other key stakeholders
– Plan and manage own work. Monitor delivery against scope and timescales
– Lead other technical resources across team and wider mid office to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– The following attributes would be beneficial to the role of a Senior B.I. Engineer:
– Experience in providing technical expertise for a Management Information reporting function.
– Technical excellence in Power BI.
– Excellent Data Modelling skills with significant knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining Tabular models using Power BI Desktop and Visual Studio
– Knowledge and experience in building pipelines in Azure Data Factory.
– Knowledge of building apps in Microsoft Power Apps.
– Excellent knowledge of SQL Server databases.
– Excellent SQL skills including T-SQL and practical knowledge of Reporting Services.
– Good technical knowledge of Azure Cloud Computing Services.
– Good technical knowledge of Excel including PowerPivot, PowerQuery and DAX.
– Good knowledge of data ingestion, modelling and integration best practises
– Excellent all-round technical skills with strong analytical skills.
The following would be beneficial, but not essential to the role
Experience / knowledge of Python, R, Spark, NoSQL
– Effective communication / influencing skills across various parts of the organisation.
– Relationship Management and Stakeholder Management – Pro-active & Responsive.
– Effective time management, ability to manage own workload appropriately.
– Builds and maintains strong and effective working relationships across the organisation.
– Be comfortable on leading PowerBI training sessions.
– Attention to detail with strong analytical capability, including strong problem solving skills and flexibility of approach.
– Proven ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Delivery focused with high levels of motivation, enthusiasm and drive together with strong influencing skills.
– The ability to multi-task and show flexibility when working on several activities simultaneously
– Effective prioritisation and organisational skills in order to meet timescales.
– Ability to work autonomously, as well as being a good team player.
– Good Commercial awareness.
– Business Experience
– Demonstrable relevant professional experience as a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, Senior Data Engineer or related.
– Desirable: The London Insurance Market, specifically Lloyd’s.
If you have the relevant experience please do not hesitate to contact us on 0203 411 8430 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Dont miss out on new opportunities, visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk <http://www.lawesgroup.co.uk>