- Manchester Jobs
- £0 - 45k per year
- Full Time
Job Role: Commercial Mid Corporate Trading Underwriter
Job type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Property and Casualty Mid Market Underwriter to join their National Trading Centre team in Bolton. This is a key role in driving the companys strategic Mid Market ambitions forward locally. You must be an experienced Commercial Property & Casualty Underwriter with the ability to lead face-to-face underwriting negotiations with brokers and clients.
The role of the Mid Market Underwriter is to drive the growth of the branchs Property and Casualty Mid Market account, by providing effective underwriting and superior service to brokers in accordance with the local strategy.
– Delivering planned financial results through effective management of large cases, actively applying a range of trading techniques.
– Demonstrating a contribution to loss ratio control by effectively implementing branch underwriting controls
– Building trading relationships with Brokers through large case liaison to maximise financial results.
– Building a reputation as a trading expert with a panel of intermediaries and building confidence in the branch ability through interaction with the Underwriting Technical Centre.
– Acting as the expert for relevant class/ product specialisms, working in conjunction with the Commercial
– Technical Centre to optimise the profitability of the class/ product and to uplift underwriting capability in these areas.
– Progress towards Dip CII qualification – desirable – or equivalent experience
– Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
– Pragmatic and confident decision maker with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
– Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning.
– Strong level of technical underwriting expertise in a composite insurance environment (non package).
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of technical underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
– Strong level of technical underwriting expertise in a commercial insurance environment.
– Excellent risk assessment and risk management skills.
– Annual bonus Scheme
– Joint contribution pension scheme
– 23 days annual leave, increasing to 25 after two years service, to 28 days by 5th year of service (plus bank holidays).
– Flexible benefit options including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work.
– Discount on all company Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
– Interest free season ticket loan scheme.
If you have the relevant experience please do not hesitate to contact us now on 01992 445710 or email us at email@example.com.
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Dont miss out on new opportunities, visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk