- London Jobs
- £40k - 60k per year
- Full Time
Job Title: Casualty Underwriter
Location: London (Home Based)
Job Type: Permanent
One of the largest specialist underwriting agencies in the UK has a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual to be part of their UK Casualty Underwriting team based in the City of London.
You will be responsible for the underwriting of complex individual risks and management of the UK portfolio to develop profitable business. As such, you will be responsible for the Profit and Loss Account for the Liability / Casualty book of business.
· The key focus will be to develop the portfolio whilst maximising profitability and maintaining the highest professional standards.
· You will be primarily focused on growing mid-market business (GBP10-100K premium).
· Provide an efficient and accurate underwriting support and guidance to all areas of the company on Casualty Underwriting and wordings
· Assist in the development, production, communication and maintenance of the overall trade sector plan, underwriting manuals, philosophies, guidance and strategy documents for internal and external use to ensure that empowerment is delegated correctly and meets operational needs
· Promote underwriting philosophies, guidance and products
· Support the branch network in enabling and implement underwriting controls
· Ensure performance, in terms of underwriting support, review and guidance, is to required standards
· Proven experience in a Commercial Insurance Underwriting role with specific knowledge of the Casualty class of business
· Experience in dealing with manufacturing & construction business
· Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation skills
· Good analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
· Excellent problem solving skills
Salary GBP40,000 – GBP60.000
If you have the relevant experience please do not hesitate to contact us now on 0203 727 2313 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Dont miss out on new opportunities, visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk