- London Jobs
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Broker, Non-Marine Claims
To handle International property and casualty claims from first advice to final settlement whilst maintaining an audit trail of actions undertaken and adhering to FCA and company compliance protocols.
- Create New Claim files when required.
- Create entries and update financial records on relevant system(s).
- Liaise with and advise Clients on claims procedures.
- Liaise with Adjusters and/or Lawyers on claims.
- Liaise with colleagues and (re)insurers on claims.
- Negotiate settlement of claims with (re)insurers and their advisers, including face to face meetings.
- Draft and send standard correspondence.
- Draft and send non-standard correspondence, ensuring that these are checked by senior colleagues.
- Answer the telephone, using own judgement on the referral of callers to a senior colleague and ensuring that information given is accurately recorded.
- Make written records of all conversations with customers and/or Insurers, or other relevant business contacts, in accordance with the firm’s procedures manual.
- Complete cheque and/or TT requisitions and liaise with Accounts for the same.
- Deal with claims payments within designated authority or under supervision of a senior colleague/Manager.
- Ensure that the firm’s systems and compliance are followed at all times, in accordance with the firm’s compliance manual.
- Ensure that firm’s systems and procedures are followed at all times, in accordance with the firm’s procedures manual.
- Such tasks as may be required to assist with the effective handling of claims within the company.
Existing, or after training, Level 2 knowledge of:
- FSA rules and guidelines relating to commercial/private clients
- General insurance and underlying legal principles
- Financial Crime, ABC, AML, & Sanctions legislation
- Relevant policies and contract wordings.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of insurance, claims and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal to the firm and externally.
- Prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Develop and sustain relationships with Clients, Insurers and colleagues.
- Confident and effective telephone and IT skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Use judgment and experience of insurance matters to know when to seek help or advice from manager, supervisor or other senior colleagues.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.