- London Jobs
- £100,000 + equity
- Full Time
- Technology Jobs
Job Title: Lead Python Developer
Salary: £100,000 + Equity
The Insurtech start-up business is looking to build a market disruptive insurance pricing platform. Our client is seeking a Lead Python Developer that can join a team of very experienced insurance industry professionals to make this happen. The role requires someone with very strong software engineering and architectural skills, who is also excited to get hands on with the design and code writing.
The company has leveraged their team’s deep industry expertise across the insurance and financial services domains to offer Advisory and consulting services to a broad range of clients in the UK and Europe. They have core services offerings specializing in pricing and underwriting advice, data, analytics and business strategy. The Insuretech business aims to take advantage of the advances in data science to allow our clients a better way of building models, enriching data, providing rates and pricing.
What we need:
To do this we need to create a pricing platform that our clients can use to calculate and return prices to customers in real time, as well as to build advanced pricing models for use in those calculations. The Lead Engineer will create the code base for this platform from scratch. You will help to build a support team to handle other specialist areas (e.g. Database, UX, etc.), so whilst this role will be primarily focused on designing the architecture & writing the code, it will also be about taking the leadership position in the build.
Skills & Experience:
- Your main role is to design and build the platform. This will require you to be able to take business requirements and develop a market leading code base, applying your business and control logic skills.
- The company is realistic that there will be many unseen issues to resolve along the way. Working with the Chief Analytics Officer you will be responsible for coming up with creative and elegant, but practical, solutions.
- As with any start-up we have a challenging runway and a need to generate revenue early. Whilst this will not affect the quality of the build that we are looking for, it is important that everyone understands that as a small team we all need to be on the front line making things happen.
- With a small team at the outset everyone in the company will need to ensure that all the jobs are complete. You will be a part of this in not only ensuring that you are pitching in with the ground work, but helping to set that example to the rest of the team.
- Whilst it makes more sense to hire people on the basis of their core abilities rather than a single technology, it is a fundamental principle of the company to develop as much as possible in python. This is because we want to create a 1-language solution, where both the users of the platform and the platform itself is coded in the same way to prevent inefficiencies.
- You will be responsible for taking the business requirements as laid down by the Chief Analytics Officer, and work with them to create a platform solution. You will be responsible for designing the control logic to achieve the functional requirements, and instructing the rest of the software engineering team in the build.
- The platform will handle large volumes of data in real time, undertaking complex calculations to return data to the clients. These calculations will be formed from a modular algorithm which clients will be able to make adjustments too, some in real time. Furthermore these calculations will need to be completed and returned in timescales of under a second.
- It is imperative to the viability of the company that the base code be able to handle this with extreme accuracy and efficiency.
Project Management / Agile
- You will be responsible for working with the PMO to help shape project plans and ensure that realistic but challenging deadlines are set.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme, contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.