- London Jobs
- £90k - 95k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Life & Protection Underwriting Manager
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £90k – £95k + benefits
Location – London
Industry – Insurance (Insurance, Underwriting, Life & Protection)
The Life & Protection Underwriting Manager will develop and lead a highly motivated and high-performing Proposition team, prioritising the work of the team and ensure the team meet agreed standards and deliverables. They will also work closely with colleagues within the wider Commercial Protection team and Pricing, to ensure Life and Health products continue to evolve to meet the client’s needs
- Ensure the Proposition team develop and maintain a good understanding of clients (e.g. strategies, risk landscape and distribution channels) and define, develop and execute client-specific actions plans as required.
- Have oversight and steer the CI insights work (CI monitoring group) ensuring the work of the group is used to influences our risk appetite and our client proposition delivery
- Support the Protection lines of business in developing new solutions and adjusting existing risk concepts to new requirements, within the business risk appetite.
- Design and support the implementation of new strategies including establishing (and updating) client reports, negotiating and steering strategic initiatives to support the Commercial Protection strategy.
- Manage the Proposition teams’ collaboration with Business Development to ensure delivery of first- class support for all our Protection clients through commercial expertise and proposition delivery.
- Contribute to defining and updating our client’s risk appetite to allow ensure a profitable bottom line and clear client communication.
- In conjunction with the Head of Underwriting and Claims and Head of Protection Commercial, as necessary, proactively pursue client initiatives.
- Ensures delivery of quality presentations by the Proposition team of all proposition work and
solutions to clients, clearly demonstrating our client’s expertise to the client
- Ensure that all practices comply with the guidelines stipulated by our client and the processes set out
- Develop consultant relationships at the appropriate level with all existing and new clients
- Enable the provision of expert advice and support, through clear understanding of client strategy and proposition, to inform the wider business and guide business development
- Provide insight to market developments and trends to enable credible discussions with clients and up to date risk appetite
- Represent our client at industry events and committees
Key Skills and Experience:
- Commercial understanding of Life and Health insurance and Reinsurance market
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with research projects and reporting on and monitoring market changes
- Previous involvement in product development projects or other cross department project
- Confident and effective in dealing with internal stakeholders and with external clients both at senior levels
- Management experience and a proven record of developing staff
- Strong organisational skills in order to meet deadlines and manage client expectations
- Ability to produce high quality written material
- Experience of project management
- Computer literate and excellent working
- knowledge of packages such as Excel, Word and Power point
- Confident individual with excellent communication and presentation skills
Regulatory & Conduct Requirements:
- Ensure compliance with Insurance Distribution Directive
- Ensure compliance with our client’s Code of Conduct and the FCA Conduct Rules
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- ACII or Equivalent Degree level
- Able to lead and manage projects
- Able to lead and manage a team
- Organised, methodical and analytical
- Open minded and entrepreneurial
- Able to work with focus, purpose, awareness and agility
- Should be: Adaptable, resilient, accountable.
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard