- Essex Jobs
- £35k - 40k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Senior Reinsurance Technician
Contract – Permanent
Location – Essex
Salary – £40,000 Guide
What can you expect:
We are currently seeking experienced senior Reinsurance professionals to join our client in order to work as part of a dedicated team of Reinsurance Technicians in Essex.
As a Senior Reinsurance Technician you will be responsible for various activities for the most complex assigned portfolios i.e., processing of all technical transactional disciplines associated with the assigned role, i.e., Excess Of Loss, Pro Rata or Facultative portfolio. Duties include responsibility for assigned client accounts; including reinsurance coverage assessment, processing of premiums and/or loss transactions and associated cash follow up, application and disbursement of funds due. This individual will also be required to provide guidance and training to less experienced colleagues as well as performing leadership and business support as assigned by Team or Department Manager.
What you will be rewarded with?
- Good work life balance with a competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
- 27 days’ holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year.
Relying on you to:
- Management of the most complex client base which includes unique lines of business, program structures and reinsurance reporting requirements. Duties to support client base include transactional processing, follow up and securing reinsurance recoveries, collateral and timely and accurate system entry of all assigned client activity.
- Assess and submit client and/or reinsurer presentation materials and communications to resolve questions and secure reinsurer agreement and payment of claims and account balances.
- Work with Market Fiduciary to assist with collection of funds.
- Provide detailed information on accounting/claims process for Request ForProposal (RFP) and sales opportunities.
- Manage settlement of funds to and from Client in a timely manner in order to ensure all applicable contractual payment terms; warranties and/or conditions are met.
- Utilise Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other system tools to manage all brokerage receivables, funding, retention, e-trading, post booking receipt, ad hoc reporting requests, payment of funds and all management and transactional process steps to provide services in an efficient, effective and regulatory compliant manner.
- Lead and/or participate in training sessions for CSS Colleagues.
- Coordinate and attend reinsurance audit/reviews with client and reinsurer. Review open claims and/or premium activity, reconcile records, and facilitate review/audit.
- Collaborate with peers on complex or contentious reinsurance developments. Support and provide training, mentoring and guidance within the team and/or department for all aspects of reinsurance service processing.
- Ensure assigned tasks are managed effectively and in a timely manner ensuring Client measurement Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to.
- Provide input for the evolution of the operational model at all levels of the organisation. Promote new process improvement ideas leveraging technology solutions.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices.
- Participate in team and department meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
What you need to have:
- Knowledge of Reinsurance concepts and principles, laws and regulatory requirements (i.e., FSA) and general business trends.
- Track record of successful Client account management, relationship management, engagement and development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training Colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
What makes you stand out:
- Proven Customer Service Abilities and Orientation.
- Planning and Organisational skills.
- Demonstrated in depth technical knowledge of insurance and reinsurance business.
London: 0203 4118430