- Essex Jobs
- Full Time
Job Title – Reinsurance Team Manager
Contract – Permanent
Location – Essex
Salary – £Neg
What can you expect:
We are currently seeking experienced senior Reinsurance professionals to join our client in order to work as part of a dedicated team of Reinsurance Technicians in Essex.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 5-10 colleagues, or multiple teams, reporting directly to the Department Manager; responsible for all service operations and functions within the team. You will be required to lead and direct team members and support Senior Management in the delivery of their collective objectives.
What you will be rewarded with?
- Good work life balance with a competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
- 27 days’ holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year.
We will rely on you to:
- Lead and manage team. Direct service operations and functions within a Client Support Process Team. Provide direction on internal governance and compliance on policies and procedures.
- Responsible for operational issues within direct area of responsibility; maintain robust operational management discipline using metrics to achieve all processing metrics, ensuring all Colleagues are operating rigorously within all published procedures and professional standards.
- Direct input into all people related matters including recruiting, salary/bonus, performance management, training, talent mapping, succession planning, status changes, etc.
- Make decisions on complex, tactical and operational short-term issues within direct area of responsibility; provide recommendations to Department Manager regularly.
- Participates in creating a travel and expense operating budget for the team; manage costs, working within budgetary/financial objectives for the team.
- Maintain individual performance and development plans for each team member with effective mentoring and performance feedback. Support, assist and provide guidance to less experienced Colleagues as needed.
- Coordinate Senior Leadership service activity reporting; present technical information for Management and Leadership.
- Support Senior Management by contributing to the execution of Global team strategic objectives; lead and direct how the collective objectives of the team in local Region and Globallyare delivered.
- Lead training sessions for all colleagues as applicable.
- Provide service process information for Request for Proposal (RFP) and sales opportunities.
- Lead team meetings and activities to promote the sharing of opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Collaborate with peers on complex or contentious reinsurance developments. Support and provide training, mentoring and guidance within the team and/or department for all aspects of reinsurance service processing.
- Ensure assigned tasks are managed effectively and in a timely manner ensuring Client measurement Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to.
- Provide input for the evolution of the operational model at all levels of the organisation. Promote new process improvement ideas leveraging technology solutions.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
What you need to have:
- Act as a mentor and coach to develop team colleagues; build passion and commitment towards team, department and organisational goals.
- Ability to inspire and motivate high performance within a Market facing environment and across the organisation.An excellent manager of people with the ability to lead and manage a high performance team, displaying a positive and inspirational attitude.
- Proven Manager in their profession with strong ability to engage with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner, establishing rapport in order to effectively access internal and external networks and relationships with Clients, Markets and Brokers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training Colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
- Strong ability to successfully manage workload considerate to varying demands to manage expectations of all Customers and Stakeholders.
- Proven track record with delivery of change, including but not limited to process and people impacts and process improvement to enhance the provision of service.
- Act as a role model by example, attitude and displaying of consistent behaviour committed to a ‘can do’ culture.
What makes you stand out:
- In-depth knowledge of Reinsurance concepts, Market systems, general business trends, financial and regulatory impacts on the organisation.
- Proven people management experience.
- Proven change leadership skills.
- Ability to developing others.
London: 0203 4118430