- Essex Jobs
- Full Time
Job Title – Reinsurance Department Manager
Contract – Permanent
Location – Essex
Salary – £Neg
What can you expect:
We are currently seeking experienced senior Reinsurance professionals to join our client in order to work as part of a dedicated team of Reinsurance Technicians in Essex.
This role will be responsible for leading a department within their Global team reporting directly to the Regional Manager; responsible for the overall service operation.
What you will be rewarded with?
- Good work life balance with a competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
- 27 days’ holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year.
We will rely on you to:
- Lead, manage and direct service operations for the department.
- Support Senior Management by contributing to the formulation and execution of Global team strategic objectives.
- Ensure compliance and internal governance within policies and procedures.
- Build sustainable network with Clients, Brokers and Markets.
- Responsible for operational issues within direct area of responsibility.
- Direct all people related matters with Human Resources; including but not limited to recruiting, performance management, training, compensation, talent mapping, succession planning, status changes, etc.
- Provide direction and mentoring to Colleagues, Team Managers and across departments on internal governance and compliance on policies and procedures.
- Make decisions on complex, tactical and operational short-term issues within direct area of responsibility.
- Participate in budget creation for the department; manage costs, working within budgetary/financial objectives for the department.
- Provide service process information for Request for Proposal (RFP) and sales opportunities.
- Maintain individual performance and development plans for direct reports with effective mentoring and performance feedback.
- Via Team Managers, maintain robust operational management discipline using Management Information metrics to achieve Global team Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
What you need to have:
- Act as a mentor and coach to develop team colleagues; build passion and commitment towards team, department and organisational goals.
- Ability to inspire and motivate high performance within a Market facing environment and across the company. An excellent manager of people with the ability to lead and manage a high performance team, displaying a positive and inspirational attitude.
- Proven Manager in their profession with strong ability to engage with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner, establishing rapport in order to effectively access internal and external networks and relationships with Clients, Markets and Brokers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training Colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
- Strong ability to successfully manage workload considerate to varying demands to manage expectations of all Customers and Stakeholders.
- Proven track record with delivery of change, including but not limited to process and people impacts and process improvement to enhance the provision of service.
- Act as a role model by example, attitude and displaying of consistent behaviour committed to a ‘can do’ culture.
What makes you stand out:
- In-depth knowledge of Reinsurance concepts, Market systems, general business trends, financial and regulatory impacts on the organisation.
- Proven change leadership skills.
- Ability to developing others.
London: 0203 4118430