- North Yorkshire Jobs
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job Title – Claims Handler – Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice
Contract – Permanent
Location – North Yorkshire
Salary – c£30k
A big name in the insurance industry is looking for an experienced claims handler to join their team in York. The role will be in charge of the management of a portfolio of personal injury and medical malpractice claims from FNOL to close. You will have daily contact with customers and key brokers and will be on the front line of our claims service delivery. You will also be required to liaise with key stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Full management of a portfolio of personal injury and medical malpractice claims from first notification to conclusion.
- Reviewing and confirming policy coverage position.
- Setting the claim strategy and handling internally where possible.
- Selection, instruction and active management of external advisers and experts, including solicitors on appropriate matters.
- Liaising and negotiating with customers, brokers, claimants and their representatives.
- Demonstrating excellent file handling and claims management through pro-active portfolio management; accurate and timely reserving; effective risk and indemnity costs management.
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of our Claims service by identifying areas of opportunity and helping create innovative solutions.
- At least 3 years claims handling experience
- Excellent understanding of litigation and the legal process; knowledge of all methods of dispute resolution
- Ability to evidence strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly establish credibility and long lasting relationships within the team, the wider business and with external partners
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in an environment where the pace and quality of response is critical to success
Emily: 0121 272 3292