- London Jobs
- £75k - 80k per year
- Full Time
Role: BI Analyst Manager
Team: Data & Analytics, Risk and Actuarial
Salary: £75,000 – £80,000
Purpose of Job:
The Business Insight (BI) Team is responsible for the design and delivery of BI and reporting that provide value and insight across the group. The team is responsible for providing reliable and fully controlled financial, regulatory and reporting into several areas, including Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Actuarial, Risk and Operations, meeting the quality standards required and enabling the business to make effective decisions and to meet its ongoing regulatory requirements.
The BI Analyst Manager role has dual responsibilities and comprises of managerial responsibilities for the BI Analysts, as well as hands-on analysis and development of robust BI reporting solutions. The role will play a key role in shaping BI for our client. As such, you will be required to work closely with the business to understand their reporting needs and to ensure that the design and build of dashboards provides the business with actionable insights.
The role of the BI Analyst Manager will report to the Head of Business Insight. The role will require you to work closely with the Senior Business Analyst, the BI Engineering Manager and the BI engineers in the team.
Budget and Headcount Information:
- Line Management responsibility for the BI Analysts.
- No direct budget or headcount responsibility.
- Line management responsibilities for the BI Analysts, including setting goals and objectives, workload planning, capacity planning, resource allocation and staff performance reviews.
- Build and maintain a high performing BI analyst function that is responsive to the needs of the Business Insight team and to the business.
- Oversight of the front-end report delivery process, including requirements gathering, analysis, development of front-end reporting solutions and the testing and reconciliation processes.
- Develop junior BI Analysts to ensure their skills are progressively being developed.
- Translate requirements into engaging visualisation to be used in decision-making at all levels.
- Build robust Power BI dashboards that support both our client’s strategic and tactical reporting objectives.
- Ensure consistency across the business by embedding the core definitions of key metrics and dimensions into the reporting solutions.
- Code SQL queries to return data for reporting / reconciliation purposes.
- Ensure solutions are documented in line with departmental standards
- Provide industry insights, keeping abreast of changes or trends.
- Good relationship and stakeholder management.
- Develop and deliver training on BI Reports to the business.
Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Head of Business Insight.
- Prioritisation of the BI Analysts’ deliverables, in conjunction with the Head of Business Insight and other senior members of the team.
- Plan and manage BI Analysts’ work, including own work. Monitor delivery against scope and timescales.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills, Competencies and Experience Technical Skills
The following attributes would be beneficial to the role of a BI Analyst Manager:
- Solid experience as a business analyst and report developer in the Business Intelligence domain.
- Excellent experience in producing PowerBI reporting solutions to support business objectives.
- Extensive experience of using a variety of tools and techniques to engage with technical and non- technical users to elicit, understand and accurately document business requirements.
- The ability to translate functional and non-functional requirements into good solution designs.
- Excellent experiencing Dashboarding & Data Visualisation skills and associated best practices.
- Experience of querying B.I. systems and databases such as SQL Server and OLAP / Tabular cubes.
- You must be a “role model” and be able to coach and mentor more junior members of the team.
- In depth knowledge of the Insurance industry, in particular the London Market.
- Excellent SQL and Excel skills including using PowerPivot.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good Data Modelling skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels with the ability to identify differing communication styles and influencing needs and to adapt accordingly.
- Builds and maintains strong and effective working relationships across the organisation.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills to elicit requirements and deliver dashboard training
- Attention to detail with strong analytical capability, including strong problem-solving skills and flexibility of approach.
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills with the proven ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
- Delivery focused with high levels of motivation, enthusiasm and drive, together with strong influencing skills.
- The ability to multi-task and show flexibility when working on several activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as being a good team player.
- Good Commercial awareness.
- Experience in the London Insurance Market / Financial services industry.
- Proven record in effective management of BI analysts and report developers.
- Proven record in building consensus and working ethnically and with integrity.
- Experience in developing others, through the use of support, coaching and performance management.