- Worldwide Jobs
- £63.3k - 70.3k per year
- Full Time
Role: Senior Business Systems Analyst
Salary: $90,000 – $100,000
Purpose of the Job:
To provide support to business for applications. To troubleshoot issues, gather requirements for changes, interpret into appropriate solutions and implement in co- ordination with 3rd parties and other IT functions. To complete system configuration, build, and testing activities. To become an expert on setup and use of systems within the business.
Requirements analysis and solution design
- Analyze and document business requirements, taking full responsibility for investigative work.
- Provide L2 / L3 support to specific key underwriting systems, taking full responsibility for investigative work.
- Provide L2 / L3 support to specific claim handling systems, taking full responsibility for investigative work.
- Seek effective business solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment. Translate these into solution specifications. Maintain links with appropriate counterparts within both software engineering and service delivery functions and complete implementation in line with organisational policies and methods.
- Scale of work could vary from minor configuration changes to existing package systems, changes to internally developed software systems, integrations to additional existing systems or supporting implementation of new systems. Includes BAU and project work.
Configuration / Build
- Understand the site-specific implementation and configuration of systems and become an expert in this.
- Configuration of package systems. Examples include building new and amending existing insurance products and configuring automated outputs.
- Perform additional build activities to create and maintain applications using Excel, T- SQL, PL/SQL, scripting, and Power BI.
- Perform both system and user testing as required, including formal documentation of testing results.
- Run data extracts and create reports, both on an ad hoc and repeatable basis.
Collaboration and Communication
- Report and communicate effectively on progress and impacts of work with all levels of management.
- Develop close working relationships with business users.
- Provide business advice/expertise for information technology to be used and implemented effectively.
- Liaison between the business, IT departments and external parties. Understand current and target architecture requirements
- Plan, arrange and control meetings, workshops and relations with client / user staff during system investigations and subsequent development work.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills & Qualities
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills required to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail and testing skills.
- High motivation, commitment to quality and proactive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Works well in a small team environment
- Ability to research effective solutions that may be out of the realm of primary responsibility.
- Requirements analysis. Clear documentation of requirements and solutions, including use case documents, system design documents and data definitions. Ability to continuously engage appropriate stakeholders and obtain required sign-off prior to implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or comparable relational database management system.
- Experienced at using Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Visio, & Power BI.
- Experience of programming tasks e.g. using T-SQL,PL/SQL, .NET, VBA, XML, HTML
- Experience and understanding of working on projects from inception through implementation.
- Business analysis certifications (ECBA, CCBA, CBAP) would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within financial services or insurance industry would be advantageous.
- Experience using the Velocity, Sequel Claims or Rulebook application would be advantageous