- London Jobs
- £95k - 110k per year
- Full Time
- Technology Jobs
Senior Data Engineer
City of London
£95k – £110k + Package
Global Insurance client is looking to expand their Data engineering division they’re currently working on the development and refinement on a new digital platform. Your role will be to help engineer a machine learning enabled algorithm that scales with our ambitions, utilising internal and external data sources and pushing the boundaries of how to apply technology within the Lloyds of London market.
- Work with the Management actuaries and data scientists to design, engineer, optimise and maintain production grade data pipelines to feed the algorithm.
- Work with the Portfolio Management actuaries and data scientists to understand how we can make best use of new internal and external data sources as part of our digital syndicate.
- Design and engineer a data model which can support our ambitions for growth.
- Create frameworks and systems to manage and govern the data asset.
- Work with our Senior Data Engineer to develop our data infrastructure.
- Work with the broader team to explore new ideas and emerging technologies to ingest and embed data into the platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a STEM field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the same or related role
- Experience designing data models and developing industrialised data pipelines
- Strong knowledge of database and data lake systems
- Comfortable writing Python and SQL (any flavour)
- Comfortable with distributed data frameworks like Spark
- Experience with at least one cloud provider required – GCP/Azure a plus
- Experience of streaming data systems and frameworks would be a plus
- Experience creating DataOps pipelines is a plus
- Experience of software development and object oriented programming is a plus.
- Experience working in regulated industry, especially financial services would be a plus
London: 0203 4118430