- Essex Jobs
- Full Time
Job Title – Household Underwriter
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £28,000
Location – Essex
Industry – Insurance, Underwriting, Household
Our client has four exciting opportunities available for an enthusiastic and committed individual to develop their Underwriting career in their Essex office. You will be responsible for providing first class technical support on new business, renewals and mid-term adjustments to our clients and there will be great opportunities to develop strong working relationships.
To achieve income and profit objectives by working as an underwriting team that delivers an efficient service to brokers, supporting the wider business in conjunction with the company strategy, financial plan and personal objectives.
- To access insurance risk, identifying and writing profitable business in line with supporting the achievement of the overall business objectives
- Deal with new business, renewal and mid term adjustment enquiries by producing terms and converting/retaining acceptable business. This should always be geared to achieving the business annual Target Loss Ratios.
- Work collaboratively within the underwriting team and other parts of the organisation, when required.
- Comply with Binder, procedure and underwriting authority levels
- Contribute towards business New Written Premium (NWP) objectives
- Support the personal development of the underwriting staff by delivering technical guidance.
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market development via use of e-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training and Competency requirements.
- To conduct the business of the Company always in a courteous and efficient manner.
- The Job holder will, at various times, act for the insured and insurer. The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all Group’s procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflict of interest and for the fair treatment of customers and will ensure they follow the system and control operating to ensure that this is the case.
- Responding to complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company.
Experience Skills and Qualifications:
- Background knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Numeracy & analysis skills.
- Knowledge of binder principles
- Understanding of underwriting authority compliancy
- Confident and effective negotiator with the ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good written & verbal communication
- Professional approach
- Team Player
- Capable of meeting deadlines and hit targets as required
- Organisation and optimisation of time
- Takes initiative
- Service focussed
- Build key relationships with internal & external customers
- Proficient in Windows based applications in particular Excel
- Professional Certification – Progress towards Cert CII or prepared to do so
- Insurance or brokering experience
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445 710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk