- London Jobs
- £40k - 70k per year
- Full Time
- Risk & Compliance
Job Title: International Casualty Wordings Technician
Location: London & Home Based
Industry: International Casualty, Wordings, Compliance, Technician
Job Type: Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Wordings Technician to join our clients Wholesale International Casualty team, this position is a hybrid position and not only includes the wordings element but will include slip preparation also.
The role we have is for someone to assist with policy wording / slip preparation and workflow.
- You would work with a sub-team of 8 brokers. Training would be provided but the skills required but existing liability wordings knowledge would be much preferable. The candidate would need to be organised / diligent and with an attention to detail.
- Our client have 2 categories of risk that technicians help brokers to prepare documents for;
New Business– which are prepared by the Wording technician based on template wordings or by scanning an expiring wording and amending that to fit the terms of the quote obtained by the broker. This is more detailed ‘contract wording’ work but the broker / client / insurer all have to agree whatever is produced. There is also a library of standard template and endorsements available to work with.
Renewals– which are prepared based on the expiring document – these documents are prepared offshore and come to the team for updating, so for example a Cyber clause added or COVID exclusion along with updated information / premium / brokerage etc – the majority of these are straightforward but once agreed by the broker they are loaded onto PPL for signing.
The technician also works with the brokers to ensure risks are loaded onto the electronic signing system and also chasing underwriters for signing to enable us to issue documentation and the invoice to our retail office.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have proven experience in working within International Casualty/Liability business – THIS IS A MUST
- A good awareness of clients’ business, their business issues, insurance programmes and service plans
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple enquiries simultaneously
- High self-motivation with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse backgrounds
- A good academic background supported by good grades at A-Level and/or GCSE in subjects that include Maths and English
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications
Glen Parker: 0203 727 2313 / 07535 748 255