Job Title – Market Security Analyst
Contract – Perm
Salary – Circa £40k
Location – London
The job holder is responsible for supporting nominated business units through delivering effective and compliant onboarding of clients, insurers and other counterparties. They will provide support to other team members, by delivering effective administration of the Account Request and Approval System (ARAS) and ensuring the maintenance and integrity of Global XB and Sector Broking System account records.
They will have responsibility for managing other employees within the team as well as the requirement to manage and oversee 3rd party support provided in the Group Service Centre in India.
- Determines own work priorities and activities in line with agreed objectives to ensure the achievement of the Business Plan.
- Maintains records to produce metrics and updates measures to ensure their continued effectiveness
- Provides input into the plans of the wider Security & Counterparty team in order to ensure these include appropriate considerations for delivery.
- Manages assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
- Provides relevant management information to senior management
- Is a referral point for the business providing advice in relation to the requirements for the onboarding of clients, insurers and other counterparties.
- Oversees the approval process for clients, insurers and other counterparties.
- Reviews Insurer Terms of Business Agreements, providing informed analysis, collaborating closely with relevant parties until agreements are finalised in line with requirements
- Assists the business to complete Agency/Intermediary questionnaires and other onboarding documents
- Utilises information contained within the Company systems and provided externally by rating agencies to monitor security, including insurance and rating movements notifying the business of any material ratings changes
- Keeps informed of all regulatory and legal changes which impacts on the job role
- Ensures up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems
- Responds appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Policy, Process and Procedures:
- Assists and provides advice to the business, regarding how to meet the Security & Counterparty policies and procedures that are required by the business
- Contributes to the development and compilation of procedural manual for the Security & Counterparty team to ensure all policies, processes are documented and work activities are consistent and efficient.
- Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to policies and procedures
Environment, Customer Focus and Relationships:
- Builds strong and effective relationships across the business to promote a positive image of the Security & Counterparty team and efficiently support work activities.
- Promotes an open line of communication to, from and within the Security & Counterparty team
- Maintains awareness of organisational structures and activities, including cross-border activities and intercompany relationships/dependencies, in order to understand business dynamics, pressures and needs.
- Maintains awareness of regulatory developments and supports the business in assessing impacts and enhancing controls where necessary.
- Attends internal and external seminars, forums and events where necessary, to positively represent the Company and increase own knowledge and understanding of changing priorities, new legislation and market trends etc.
- Responds to the clients(both internal and external) requirements as appropriate
- Behaves with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
- Shares information that could be beneficial to the Operating Entity/Group
People Management/Personal Development:
- Manages the performance of direct reports and any people management issues connected with teams within their area of responsibility
- Acts as a role model for positive management and leadership behaviours
- Identifies and hires talent, ensuring that recruitment plans are in place to attract new member of staff and managing recruitment processes where required
- Manages the team to ensure they have relevant objectives which align personal goals to the requirements of the business. Positively encourages professional and personal development of all team members to increase their capability and effectiveness
- Ensures team members are competent to carry out their responsibilities
- Motivates team to deliver high performance and achieve objectives
- Retains and develops key team members, working with senior managers to develop succession plans where this is appropriate
- Participates in regular team meetings to collaborate and share information, knowledge and best practice etc.
- Actively undertakes personal development to ensure up to date knowledge and understanding of best practice
- Remains aware of external, industry, legal and regulatory developments etc to ensure practice and outputs are of a sufficiently high standard
- Keeps informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the Operating Entity/Group
- Successful candidates must have previous working knowledge of Global XB and/ or Sector processing systems.
- Experience of operating in the compliance department/Security & Counterparty department of a public company in the UK regulatory environment.
- Commercial awareness and focus on the application of regulation within the insurance broking industry.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of insurance, principles, products and services.
- Broad knowledge of risk management practices.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Actively listens.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Consultative approach to business relationship management, proactively sharing “what works best” with others across the Group.
- Good planning, organisation, delivery and time management skills.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- Professional qualification (desirable).
For Extra Information on the Company Please Contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430