- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £90k - 100k per year
- Full Time
- Technology Jobs
Head of Application Support
£90,000 – £100,000k + Package
Established ecommerce client based in Hertfordshire are looking to expand its Technology department, they now require a Head of Application support to head a team of about 20 people consisting of Support Analysts, Java Developers, Application Specialists and QA personnel that together provide software support and new releases for there clients products to large UK, US and European retailers and also partner organisations of the organisation.
About the company:
A innovative software company bidding to become a leading European and US supplier of retail applications. Specialising in flexible, micro-services based store and supporting solutions that are deployed in Department Stores, Food, Fashion, Hospitality, Stadiums, Luxury bands, Auto parts and General Merchandise. Their software products include POS, mobile POS, payment, Order Management, Inventory Management and more. They sell and deliver these products under traditional licencing models as well as providing them through hosted services in AWS and Azure.
Offering a new, process-based development toolset as part of their application suite. Using the groups Toolkit business events and actions are understood and managed as processes across the enterprise and represented visually. With smart design tools and reusable libraries of components mean that application development becomes a drag-and-drop exercise. The combination of the Toolkit and libraries within the organisation give retailers a unique ability to react and adapt their applications in a changing and highly competitive retail landscape.
With offices internationally based.
The role requires an experienced and proven individual who has at least 20 years in IT software solutions support and ideally also software development experience. A considerable part of this experience will be associated with supporting complex application solutions, preferably retail application solutions. The successful candidate will have experience running similar sized teams providing new releases, P1 and P2 bug fixing and general 24 hour support across multiple territories and will be familiar with the same technologies that are used by the organisation.
The job is essentially a director level role and consequently the individual must be able to handle themselves with confidence at senior level both within the business and with senior and director level individuals within our customers and partners. Proven presentation skills and the ability to understand complex software environments and drive through solutions to technical problems is obviously a key requirement.
Establishing effective day-to-day working relationships with the development and other technical teams such as Application Consultants, Technical Architects and Project Managers will be crucial.
The role will report to the Manging Director in the UK and will involve managing teams in the UK and Asia.
This senior position dedicated to running Application Support is newly created having up to now been handled alongside other support responsibilities. It is expected that the business achieves its expansion goals that the role will build and establish a support organisation operating globally and covering multiple channels and retail verticals across the world.
- Proven experience running software support for Java based applications
- Strong personality with excellent verbal and written communication (English) for reporting and presenting
- Excellent understanding of the processes and complexities associated with supporting software solutions to Tier 1 and Tier 2 retail organisations and working with system integrators
- Ability to organise support teams, developers and QA resources
- Good practical working knowledge of retail applications
- Organise support teams to provide remote support in multiple territories
- Maintain extended support hours across the world
- Meet regularly with clients for support reviews
- Organise release schedules for upgrades and maintenance releases
- Organise internal and external training programs
- Organise your own QA resources to test releases and upgrades
- Directly manage your own Java developers working on P1 and P2 issues
- Work with the Development departments to define new features and facilities
- Coordinate with other departments on P3 and P4 issues
- Develop and make presentations of the company’s software support activities
- Agree and negotiate support contract renewals with customers and partners
For Extra Information Please Contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430