- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £30k - 35k per year
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job Title – Commercial Claims Handler
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £35,000
Location – Hertfordshire
About the Role:
To service the claims needs of our customers, providing quality customer care, ensuring that all issues relating to the claims process are dealt with proactively. To support management and colleagues throughout the company, in their endeavours to achieve and surpass targets and provide a first-class service at all times
- As an active practitioner, you will manage new instructions and work in progress in accordance with set service standards and company procedures. These duties include:
- Undertaking those enquiries necessary to obtain sufficient information to establish policy liability and progress claims efficiently.
- Registering new claims accurately on the company computer systems and updating the records during the life of the claim.
- Ensuring all claims and correspondence, on delegated authority cases, are correctly maintained and to provide a clear and concise history of events, actions and quantum assessment.
- Obtaining and submitting completed Client claim documentation to Insurers or nominated service providers promptly.
- Answering telephone calls promptly and effectively dealing with all enquiries in a professional and efficient manner.
- Processing incoming post within agreed service standards.
- Dealing with Client enquiries within designated time frames or as otherwise agreed with Client.
- Communicating effectively with Insurers, nominated
- service providers, engineers and Loss Adjusters etc, using methods appropriate to the circumstances, (including
- telephone/e-mail/fax, dictation), to ensure the highest levels of customer service are maintained.
- Providing advice and assistance to Clients, to actively manage the claim process and minimise lapse time.
- Dispatching claim settlement cheques on date of receipt.
- Maintaining an up to date daily diary system, taking effective steps to conclude outstanding issues.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of sales processes within relevant market
- Good product and technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a team/team player
- Excellent communication time management negotiation presentation and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Account campaign management skills
- CII qualification preferred but not essential
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.