- London Jobs
- £40k - 47k per year
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job Title – Claims Adjuster – Marine
Location – London
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – £40,000 – £47,000
Number of Positions Available: 1
Industry – Insurance Loss Adjuster (Insurance, Claims, Marine, Loss Adjusting)
Purpose of the job
To provide the effective adjustment of claims within the relevant portfolio. Assisting the Senior Adjuster to report on loss ratios to claims management team and underwriters. Dealing with coverholder’s on claims issues when appropriate, whilst effectively liaising with brokers and third parties in the adjustment of claims in line with company strategy and regulatory and legal compliance
- To apply common terminology and context in standard situations.
- To provide explanations to customers and brokers/intermediaries
- To handle claims which fall within agreed terms.
- To identify deficiencies in information and understand the justification for capturing specific information.
- To apply the company reserving policy and the standard policy conditions and exclusions where necessary.
- To investigate where appropriate the circumstances under referral.
- To handle standard claims in line with authority limits and investigate applicable law and regulatory issues.
- To apply basic principles of good practice.
- Respond effectively to customer requirements, acquiring feedback from customers and brokers/intermediaries.
- To create effective reports, selecting essential, relevant criteria and information to provide to Claims Team Leaders and Underwriters
- To interpret financial reports and insurance performance measures.
- To work in line with company strategy, values and objectives
- Provide technical support to new colleagues and guidance in respect of the referrals process.
- Effectively negotiate with both internal and external parties to a claim.
- To maintain and develop internal and external customer relationships.
- To maintain accurate claims records with regulatory implications.
- To undertake any ad hoc or project work as necessary
Decision Making Responsibilities
- To recommend improvements to the claims processes and procedure.
- To appoint approved independent experts as appropriate.
- Identify a maximum settlement figure and negotiate with the claimant in order to settle the claim
Regulatory Conduct Rules
- Act with integrity.
- Act with due skill, care and diligence.
- Be open and co-operative with Lloyd’s, the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators.
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct.
Education & Qualifications
- Good overall standard of education
- ACII or equivalent or progression towards qualification
- A commitment to continuous personal and professional development
- Knowledge and understanding of product features, benefits, exclusions and warranties and application to various situations.
- Understandings of the legal principles giving rise to subrogation
- Basic knowledge of principles of risk management.
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills in order to meet timescales.
- Advanced literacy and numeric skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced IT skills, including Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new systems
- Excellent persuasion, influencing and negotiation skills
- Solid claims handling experience gained
For Extra Information Please Contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430