- Worldwide Jobs
- £75k - 90k per year
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job Title – Loss Adjuster – Major Loss
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £75,000 – £90,000 + Car Allowance and Bonus
Location – Nationwide
About the Role:
To handle a mixed portfolio of major Loss and technical claims; often domestic and commercial, and typically complex claims with a value of £100k plus.
– Work both externally and internally assessing major loss claims and adjusting where appropriate on an international basis.
– Receiving and acknowledging new claims.
– Preparing case management plans, visiting Insurers, Reinsurers, Claimants and the Insured.
– Preparing reports commenting in detail on all aspects of the claim, including policy analysis and liability, quantum and future actions.
– Visiting sites, interviewing witnesses and preparation of witness statements.
– Instructing and controlling surveyors, lawyers, forensic scientists and other experts as appropriate.
– Communicating regularly with all interested parties, calculating and approving interim payments, preparing interim reports and other communication.
– Calculating and agreeing settlement of claims and preparing final reports.
– Assisting in the development of less experienced staff members.
– Additionally developing working relationships with existing clients and helping to identify and plan approaches to new clients.
– Maintain and update files and records keeping fully up to date on any technical or legal changes which may have a bearing on a case.
– Identifying and developing business opportunities for self and team.
– Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it
– Ability to work on own initiative
– Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
– Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
– Excellent customer service and communication skills
– A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
– Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
– Ability to work to given targets
– Flexible approach – the job holder will be required to travel throughout the UK and internationally as appropriate.
– Customer focused
– Quality focused role – providing quality service to both internal and external customers
– Team focused – working with colleagues throughout the business
– Reactive – responding to daily workloads as dictated by customer requirements
– Proactive – making sure KPI’s and SLA’s are met
– Handle and co-ordinate complaints and compliments
– Achievement of targets
– Competent use of technology
– Extensive experience of property or similar claims
– Experience of excellent relationship management with clients
– ACILA qualified
– ACII qualification
If you have the relevant experience or know someone that does please contact us now on 01992 445710 or email us at email@example.com
To view all Current Vacancies or for more information on our Refer a Friend scheme contact one of our consultants or visit our website www.lawesgroup.co.uk
Please Note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.