- Essex Jobs
- £25k - 30k per year
- Full Time
Role Title: Professional Indemnity Account Handler
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: Up to £30,000
PI Account Handler
- Account Executives/ Other PI & wider Company employees
- Insurers & other suppliers including wholesale Brokers
- The wider Group to maximise cross selling and collaboration opportunities.
Working as part of the Specialist PI team within Chelmsford office to deliver excellent service to clients within the Construction & Accountants sectors.
Building positive and productive working relationships with the wider Company, insurer & wholesale markets and colleagues within the team.
Description of main duties:
Duties will include, but are not be limited to:
- Managing the insurance programmes for portfolio of clients, including the provision of technical advice and handling queries from clients and others as required to service account.
- Re-broking of policies and communication of renewal terms to clients, seeking assistance with placement from Regional PI Broking Manager and Head of Region as necessary.
- Providing excellent service to clients at all times, responding to their needs and changes as they arise.
- Provide assistance to Account Executives, Regional PI Broking Manager and Head of Region with servicing of larger client accounts.
- Negotiating placements (including additional policies, renewal and midterm amendments) direct with own clients and, on larger accounts, in partnership with Account Executives, Regional PI Broking Manager or Head of Region.
- Maintaining good market knowledge including keeping up to date with new insurance products/solutions and be able to advise, compare and discuss existing products within own area of expertise.
- Effectively communicating with other colleagues and providing assistance and cover for them, where required.
- Ensuring that all e-files are kept up to date and are easy to understand.
- Continually maintaining and developing own technical, market industry, systems and procedural knowledge as well as sharing with others, ensuring all CPD records are updated on an ongoing basis.
- Contributing to process and practice improvements.
- Ensuring compliance with Company and external regulations ie. FCA.
- Maintaining records and managing the diary system, ensuring that all post and diary activity is completed in accordance with Company performance standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer interface/relationship skills – ability to establish rapport, credibility and trust with clients and prospects.
- Knowledge and experience of principal underwriting markets and PI policy cover – specific knowledge of the Construction & Accountants PI markets an advantage.
- Competent sales and negotiation skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Organisation and attention to detail, including ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively
- Drive and self-motivation, for meeting targets (a ‘can do’ approach).
- The ability to gather and analyse information.
- Commercial awareness and good business sense and judgement.
- A good academic background.
- Competent with Microsoft and Acturis applications.
For extra information please contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430