- West Midlands Jobs
- £50k - 65k per year
- Full Time
- Claims & Adjusting
Job Title – Chartered Major Loss / Complex Building Surveyor (MRICS / MCIOB Qualified)
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £50,000 – £65,000
Location – Midlands
Our Major and Complex Loss teams are at the heart of our business: Managing the more technical and complex claims ranging from flood damage resulting in Business Interruption to claims associated with catastrophic events. As a Major and Complex Loss Surveyor, you’ll investigate and provide factual surveying reports to our valued Clients and the Major Loss Team Leader within set SLA’s, working in partnership to ensure all factual information is present.
Upon receipt of instruction, you’ll investigate and report upon Major and Complex Loss incidents that are subject of an insurance claim for and on behalf of Insurers so as they may consider policy coverage, claim acceptance, settlement and/or recovery. As with most claims of a high value or complex nature, this will require site visits to investigate loss circumstances and damage sustained.
Typically, you’ll work in partnership with Local Authorities, such as building control, solicitors or emergency services in some extremes regarding liability and prospective loss mitigation contractors. You’ll also liaise with repair contractors regarding the scope and the works required and be the main point of contact to ensure assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations via the lead adjuster are communicated appropriately.
You’ll ideally be a qualified Surveyor – MRICS, MCIOB or similar preferably with a background in insurance or building reinstatement of damaged buildings. You’ll also have/be:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Building construction and Building Regulations
- Up to date technical knowledge and experience with approved structural repair methods, cost valuation and regulatory requirements
Computer literate with MS Office suite and embrace new technologies
- Willingness to travel to site investigations, with eh occasional overnight stay if required
- The ability to influence key personnel as to give the product a competitive edge
- Someone who can inspire others to deliver excellent service to differing people, with differing expectations, in a range of commercial environments
- A sound understanding of financial aspects coupled with the ability to lead others to achieving agreed targets.
- A high achiever, capable to presenting the product to its best advantage
- A desire to deliver excellent service
For extra information please contact:-
London: 0203 411 8430