- Hertfordshire Jobs
- £35k - 85k per year
- Full Time
- Technology Jobs
Job Title – Full Stack Java Developer
Contract – Permanent
Salary – £35,000 – £85,000
Location – Hertfordshire
- We are looking for someone to work within an experienced team of Java developers on a Java enterprise retail system. Projects will include phone and hand held development, java Swing clients, web applications including React and SOAP and Rest web services all driven with our own process based development platform.
- You should be an experienced developer with a first/upper second degree (BSc) in a technical subject. You will need strong core skills in Java, JDBC, JSP, SQL, MVC framework, Web Services, team leading and software design. You will be involved in the whole life cycle development process
- Develop high quality, testable, well-documented software.
- Work closely with Technical Architects and Development Managers to convert functional and technical specifications to production quality software.
- Work closely with Technical Architects and Project Managers to gather customer and product requirements.
- Participate in the configuration, testing, and release processes.
- Ensure adequate test coverage at unit and integration levels.
- Contribute to design and specification processes.
- Research and learn new technologies.
- Deliver training sessions to customers.
Core Skills & Experience
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Experience in database development using ANSI SQL and JDBC.
- Working knowledge of XML, XML Schema and XSLT, JSON.
- Working knowledge of at least one J2EE container such as Tomcat.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective use of design patterns and unit testing frameworks.
- Team working skills.
- Good communication skills including customer interaction.
- Experience in and passion for Agile methodologies
- Previous experience developing scalable, multi threaded business applications.
- Experience in developing Workflow systems, CRM, SCM or ERP solutions.
- Experience with one or more of the following databases: MariaDB/MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle.
- Knowledge of Inventory/Warehouse Management Systems.
- Frontend Web Development, React, Angular, Vue.
- Mobile app development on IOS/Android.
- Eclipse development environment.
- Build tools such as Maven, Gradle.
- Container tools such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Cloud Services such AWS, Azure.
- Using version control systems such as subversion or git.
- SOA and Web Services.
- Familiarity with at least one XML to Java binding technology such as JAXB.
- Familiarity with at least one J2EE application framework such as JSF, Spring, Struts.
- Exposure to ORM technologies such as Hibernate.
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-
Tel: 0203 411 8430