- Scotland Jobs
- £35k - 42k per year
- Full Time
Job Title – Senior Commercial Account Handler
Contract – Permanent
Salary – Circa £35,000 – £42,000
Location – Glasgow – Home-Office Hybrid
We are seeking a Senior Commercial Account Handler to join our clients busy team of experienced insurance professionals based in Glasgow. You will support a team of Account Executives with all account handling, client relationships and broking support across a range of International accounts including Food and Drink, Manufacturing, Logistics, Real Estate business and many more. This could be a great development move for a Commercial Handler looking to progress into Corporate and international clients, or for Senior Account Handlers looking to utilise and demonstrate their skills with one of the world’s leading insurance brokers!
Please note that the team will be working on a home-office hybrid basis and we are happy to discuss home-working flexibility further at interview.
What can you expect?
- Join a team of 12 insurance professionals
- Handle Property and Liability risks within a diverse international and corporate client base
- Be led by approachable, friendly and professional leaders where your progression and career development goals will be encouraged
What you will be rewarded with?
- Competitive salaries and an annual bonus based on performance/ targets set
- Comprehensive benefits including a pension scheme that will be hard to beat!
- 27 days holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Programmes including: health & welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups and volunteer opportunities
- Generous Family Leave including: 6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary
Will rely on you to:
- Support the management of the client relationship, with a focus on growth (e.g., increasing amount or type of coverage, and/or products and services, for existing accounts) and retention
- Liaise between key stakeholders within the business, insurers and clients, on an ongoing basis to ensure high service delivery
- Serve as a key client contact, managing queries, changes in cover and other client requests
- Risk broking – Producing market presentations including the collation and refinement of data, negotiation and recommendation of appropriate risk programme
- Offer technical support for complex insurance placements
- Attend and participate in appropriate industry/broking events to building a strong professional network
- Manage your personal development, ensuring that mandatory training is completed alongside additional training to support individual growth
- Operate in accordance with the Company’s compliance, quality and governance measures, achieving at least the required standards at all times
What you need to have:
- Previous Commercial Handling experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple enquiries simultaneously
- Exceptional customer service skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and be able to work flexibly when required
What makes you stand out:
- Strong track record as a Senior Commercial Account Handler (8+ years)
- Excellent understanding of Liability and Property risks
- Experience with international Clients
- Diploma in Insurance
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-
Tel: 0203 411 8430